Studdering

SpookSVT

Established Member
My dad and I have been having problems w/ my sisters SVT for a while now. The car used to shake violently when taking off to about 3K. We recently swapped out my intake manifolds for maintenence since mine were already clean and the 3L isnt ready yet. This is when it started to occur. It behaved like a vacuum leak so we checked all the lines and then retorqued the manifolds, it cleared up quite considerably.

Then it started hestitating again, not as bad though. There was definately a misfire. Checked engine codes and it confirmed. Swapped coil packs and got new plugs, and tried one of my old wires but no luck. Gonna regap the plugs and get new wires and see if it works.

The car also goes into limp mode at anything above 1/4 throttle. So whats going on here? Clogged cat? plug wires? :shrug:

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
try replacing ALL of the plug wires. If it was a bad cat it should throw a code, and have absolutely no power 3k+

SpookSVT

Established Member
RTStabler51 said:
try replacing ALL of the plug wires. If it was a bad cat it should throw a code, and have absolutely no power 3k+

ALL wires are going to be changed soon. There is a code for a lean O2 on bank one where the miss is occuring. I forgot to mention that. The car does have hesitation whenever you tromp on it anywhere throughout the powerband, and is definately lacking power everywhere in the rev band. How do I check for a clogged cat then if this the problem?

Users who are viewing this thread