Studder at 3250 RPM, Cleaned IMRC

mikeisgod

Established Member
I'm curious about what would be my best next step to resolve this issue. My car was stuttering quite noticeably at the 3250 RPM mark where the valves open up. I tried running Sea Foam, and it seemed to maybe help my car run a bit better but the problem still persisted. As suggested I pulled apart my intake and cleaned out the gunk off of the IMRC plates and everything else that I took off. The car still seems to stutter right after startup. If the cars been ran a bit, it wont do it. Is this normal, or what would be the next suggestion? It's at a point where I can live with it now, but if it's indicating a faulty actuator than I would probably replace that... Anyhow any advice would be helpful. Thanks

crazycarlo

Established Member
the gears inside ur IMRC box could also be gunked up or the cables man. I cleaned mine like twice and it seemed to help but it always came back so i just deleted mine.

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
could be teh box at this point, whens the last time you replaced the wires and plugs though?

mikeisgod

Established Member
replaced the plugs about 3 weeks ago when I did the IMRC cleaning... didn't replace the wires... But it only does it at 3250... Should I spring for changing the wires to resolve that?

Users who are viewing this thread