Stuck in 2nd gear

LSKILLA

Established Member
Me and a buddy were in Mexico last night making a few runs when during one run his Manual 2013 got stuck in 2nd gear. The shifter is in the neutral position and wont go into any gear. He had to drive it home in 2nd. Any ideas what happened?

BPatterson

Established Member
Same thing happened to me when my tranny took a dump. Had it towed to the dealer. Got a new tranny. This happened at 7500 miles.

2011blkkiot

Established Member
Damn sorry to hear. My '11 just started to whine bad after 24k miles.

Any mods to your buddies car that the dealer will give him grief over?

LSKILLA

Established Member
Yeah it a full bolt on car. Full exhaust, Boss Im, CAI, Dyno tuned. He is going to try and take it in today. Hope he can get it fixed under warranty

2011blkkiot

Established Member
Keep us posted on if they void him dude to mods. I am putting my stock tune and CAI back this weekend and taking mine in next week.

LSKILLA

Established Member
Well dealership said that the warranty is probably voided but they would tear it down and look. If they decided its voided he has to pay all the labor.

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
Well dealership said that the warranty is probably voided but they would tear it down and look. If they decided its voided he has to pay all the labor.

its going to be compeltely void. Tell him to get out his check book. It soulds like a shift fork broke, that happens when you shift the tranny hard. I saw first hand what happens when my buddies car go stuck in 4th gear for the exact same thing. They will probably say even if it was stock he was subjecting it to "abnormal abuse".

BPatterson

Established Member
Mine had all the mods in the sig, and they warrantied it. Rare, I know. Here I am 25K miles later, and they're now replacing my clutch under warranty.

2011blkkiot

Established Member
Dammit that sucks! If they tell me they can't determine if warranty will be void before they start working, I will just borrow a transmission jack and pull that pos out in my driveway. It is just nuts, bolts and a day of cursing.

Good luck to your buddy. I hope they hook him up.

jdcobra

Established Member
Mine had all the mods in the sig, and they warrantied it. Rare, I know. Here I am 25K miles later, and they're now replacing my clutch under warranty.

Man I work for Mac Haik and probably couldn't pull that off lol

Bloo

Established Member
Dropped my 11 off this morning. Wouldn't go into 1st,3rd,5th or reverse. It was in the shop 4-5 weeks ago for the whine issue and had 5th gear and other parts replaced. That fixed the whine, but caused shifting issues.

2011blkkiot

Established Member
Dropped my 11 off this morning. Wouldn't go into 1st,3rd,5th or reverse. It was in the shop 4-5 weeks ago for the whine issue and had 5th gear and other parts replaced. That fixed the whine, but caused shifting issues.

Do u know what other parts were replaced? I have bad whine in 1st and second but all gears shift great.

clinton2003

Established Member
Yup.... sounds like mine when it got stuck in 4th, broke the shift pad. happened to me at 29k. mine didnt go back into neutral though, was absolutely stuck in 4th gear....

Users who are viewing this thread