Stubborn factory stereo with swap...

Zeyzer

Blue Blooded
Established Member
Ok fellas, I think I'm making a rocket science project out of something that should be fairly simple and straight forward. I'm trying to swap out my factory stereo on my 99 CSVT but the thing will not come out. I got the tool to release the clips and I removed the screws under the stereo right above the center console. The left side releases and slides out with no problems but the right side of the stereo seems to be jammed in there and won't budge. I can feel the clips releasing but when I try to pull it out nothing happens. I don't want to get too aggressive with it and end up tearing something up. I took a good look around but can't figure out what else it could be. Did I miss something? :shrug:

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
I think I did the same thing when I first removed mine. It seems to be one of those sensitive things with my experience. Squeeze both with the same amount of pressure and don't be scared of it.

Zeyzer

Blue Blooded
Established Member
I finally got the thing out the other day. Apparently, the metal case around the stereo was out of place and was catching the dash bezel so every time I pulled I was peeling the case further back until it just wouldn't budge anymore. Eventually I figured it out and shoved the case back in place and voila out it came. Thanks for the input though fellas.

Users who are viewing this thread