Votes: 6 4.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

horseplay

Crazy MMA Junkie
Established Member
These two are awesome Machines, 4 doors and lots of power. The Difference between both is one is N/A LS6 Corvette Powered Manual ( CTS-V ) and the other is Supercharged Northstar 4.4L Automatic ( STS-V ) They both offer something different. Which is the best to go after? Supercharged Power or N/A Power? Manual or Automatic? Which is Faster and easier to make fast?

2004 Cadillac CTS-V
LS6 ENGINE V8, 400 HP, 395 FT/LBS
6-SPEED MANUAL TRANS
3847 LBS

2004CTSV.jpg

2004CTSV1.jpg

2004CTSV2.jpg

2006 Cadillac STS-V
SUPERCHARGED NORTHSTAR 4.4L V8, 469HP, 439 FT/LBS
5-SPEED AUTOMATIC
4295 LBS

2006STSV.jpg

2006STSV1.jpg

2006STSV2.jpg

2006STSV3.jpg

2006STSV4.jpg

JUST A TEASER ;-)

2009 Cadillac CTS-V
SUPERCHARGED 6.2L V8, 550HP, 550 FT/LBS
6-SPEED MANUAL TRANS
4200 LBS

2009CTSV.jpg

Last edited:

whi tri

Established Member
I would have to say the cts-v because it is a very responsive motor to mods. I mean heads , cam, intake, exhaust and you have an awsome car. Tehn you have the rear that sux balls. I forget the year in which they fixed them I think it's 04 or newer but the older ones are granades. I drive my father in laws often and ofcourse it's stock but it's super fun to drive.

Nino S

Established Member
CTS-V all the way if it is post 04. The motor responds very well to mods and can be over 500 hp NA. The only problem is what everyone else said, the rear. I know that they do not being launched hard AT ALL!

cam346

Established Member
sts-v come with 6-speed auto i can see myself with the sts-v with mods from d3 they make 575 to 600 hp

Last edited:

Nvr_Spds

Pushrod > 4v
Established Member
CTS-V, ESPECIALLY the new one! Supposed to run about 12.0s.

Nothing against the STS, its just a bigger car and I just dont like the Northstar engine. Sure, its DOHC, but some of them have headbolt issues..

bigj

Established Member
i loved my ls-6 cts-v. the sts was just bigger than what i wanted.

99caddysts

Established Member
sts-v come with 6-speed auto i can see myself with the sts-v with mods from d3 they make 575 to 600 hp
Yeah, at the crank.

d3 may be a good company but all they do is post CRANK horsepower numbers all over the place.

With that said, sts-v would be a nice daily with that auto but the cts-v can be a real 4-door monster.

craz1469

So Slow
Established Member
I would have to say the cts-v because it is a very responsive motor to mods. I mean heads , cam, intake, exhaust and you have an awsome car. Tehn you have the rear that sux balls. I forget the year in which they fixed them I think it's 04 or newer but the older ones are granades. I drive my father in laws often and ofcourse it's stock but it's super fun to drive.

06 is when the improved the rear end. My friend has one, the car is awesome. He has ran 13.3 @ 107 with just a tune at the track. Has hit over 1.00 G's on the street turning and has the baddest breaks of any car I have ever been in.

mpe331lx

Mine's stock too
Established Member
I dont think that they EVER truly fixed the rear end in the first gen CTS-V. If you can deal with knowing that every time that you drop the hammer or powershift it, you may be pulling the pin on the grenade, get a first gen CTS.

I was thinking about getting an ls6 CTS-V until I did some research and found out about the dreadded rear. They can keep the ls6 and ls2 CTS's.

That would leave the two supercharged beasts!

Obviously the Blown CTS-V is going to be quicker than the blown STS-V that carries more weight, has less HP and is an auto.

The deciding factor would be price and availability. How much can you get a used 06 STS-V for compared to a new 09 CTS-V?

As for the above mentioned head bolt problems with the northstar's, that was remedied in 01 with better blocks that had denser aluminum with less porosity. I am sure that will not be an issue with the STS-V. They made the bore smaller just for the V so it had more cylinder wall strength.

My take on it in ordr of preference: Blown CTS-V> STS-V> N/A CTS-V

Last edited:

Bryan99hoss

Established Member
STS-V If you have drove the CTS and the STS in the v series, you will automatically pick the STS... I worked at a caddy dealership and have drove both in modded forms, i would pick the STS hands down. It is also a little more rare

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread