sts rear mount universal turbo kit???

lilmarc1988

Established Member
is this realistic at all? would i have to buy a shit load of pipes and an intercooler with this? i will call them tomorrow about this since i dont work tomorrow. does any1 have any experience with this kit?

planblars

Established Member
i know there are alot of people out there with them. not sure about the mustang crowd..but you see them on camaro's and vettes. I would never trust it on a daily driver and they don't seem to make as much power as other superchargers or turbo chargers.

aside from seeing a couple in person and reading some brief info online about them i don't know a ton.

forst1

Established Member
you could piece together a kit yourself with "stainless steel" from ebay. that is basically the material that sts uses anyway

astrodudepsu

1of72 Hater
Established Member
friend had this on his camaro. it was ok but a hassle because whoever installed it mounted the turbo waaaaaaaaay to low. It has a nail bitter on PA roads. He sold that car less than 6 months after he bought it.

01yellercobra

Established Member
A guy in my club has it on his AIX race car. It's in this months MM&FF I believe. A 2000 GT. It made 700hp and still had more to go. There was a Camaro running a single kit at a local 1/8th mile and was moving pretty good. I can't remember the times though.

forst1

Established Member
A guy in my club has it on his AIX race car. It's in this months MM&FF I believe. A 2000 GT. It made 700hp and still had more to go. There was a Camaro running a single kit at a local 1/8th mile and was moving pretty good. I can't remember the times though.

having a car in mm&ff does not make things automatically legit anymore. they nuthug so many sponsors now that its impossible to tell if they are REALLY imppessed with something or if they are plugging product. your buddies car is probably sweet but i have a deep seeded hatred for mm&ff so dont think i am dissing him. they nuthugged hp performance to the point that i thought i could reliably buy their product only to find that i was one of many getting the shaft. fu-k mm&ff...my.02 lol

01yellercobra

Established Member
having a car in mm&ff does not make things automatically legit anymore. they nuthug so many sponsors now that its impossible to tell if they are REALLY imppessed with something or if they are plugging product. your buddies car is probably sweet but i have a deep seeded hatred for mm&ff so dont think i am dissing him. they nuthugged hp performance to the point that i thought i could reliably buy their product only to find that i was one of many getting the shaft. fu-k mm&ff...my.02 lol

I was just letting him know so he could check the car out if he wanted. Although I think in that spread the car was still using the Vortech. I take anything in the mags with a grain of salt.

Last edited:

01Lowboy

SPTZCLNT
Established Member
friend had this on his camaro. it was ok but a hassle because whoever installed it mounted the turbo waaaaaaaaay to low. It has a nail bitter on PA roads. He sold that car less than 6 months after he bought it.

I doubt they mounted it low... That's just the crappy design of the STS kits on F-body's. I used to own a 2000 Camaro SS and out of all of the STS systems, (Tucks, vettes, GTOs, f-body's) the fbody one is a complete garbage design.

phillySVT

Bang Bang
Established Member
I doubt they mounted it low... That's just the crappy design of the STS kits on F-body's. I used to own a 2000 Camaro SS and out of all of the STS systems, (Tucks, vettes, GTOs, f-body's) the fbody one is a complete garbage design.

Agreed....their is a board member on here who put one on his camaro and was telling mw how low it sat. He was worried he would hit and sold the car. He was also telling me it wasn't that impressive

astrodudepsu

1of72 Hater
Established Member
Agreed....their is a board member on here who put one on his camaro and was telling mw how low it sat. He was worried he would hit and sold the car. He was also telling me it wasn't that impressive

that was probably my friend. he is the guy that had the Novi 2k GT for sale that he said you and your brother came to look at.

I went with him to FL when he bought the car. He brought it the whole way up I-95. Actually hit a dump and knocked off of the pipes causing a no boost situation at WOT. It was not a fun trip. He was glad when he sold that thing.

I just bought the GT.

phillySVT

Bang Bang
Established Member
that was probably my friend. he is the guy that had the Novi 2k GT for sale that he said you and your brother came to look at.

I went with him to FL when he bought the car. He brought it the whole way up I-95. Actually hit a dump and knocked off of the pipes causing a no boost situation at WOT. It was not a fun trip. He was glad when he sold that thing.

I just bought the GT.

yup.....thats who i was talking about. Enjoy that gt....it's a beast

Users who are viewing this thread