Strut tower removal

Teej281

Established Member
Ladies and gents!

I have a question that some of you probably could help me with. If one were to employ an SLA front suspension from Griggs or agent 47, would one be able to trim the factory strut towers back for additional underhood room? I've seen that both these kits use their own shock tower mounted to the k member, so I figure the strut towers weren't essential anymore and could be cut and have pieces welded in to close off the engine bay but allow for more room on the side of the engine.

Thoughts? Thanks guys!

Teej

Teej281

Established Member
I saw that in some pictures but but not in others. And I thought that the ones that were braced there were the s197's. I'd still like some more information on this guys if you can help!

cj428mach

Established Member
Maybe you should look at doing a mustang II conversion. Thats what all the guys with 60's fords do and it allows removal of the shock towers.

SlowSVT

Established Member
I would leave the shock tower structure intact. The folded metal section should provide better stiffness especially for the fender aprons then if you removed them and welded in a flat sheet to cover the hole.

Please post pics of your Agent 47 suspension components. Double A-arms are the way to go :rockon: McPherson struts suspension are a bit hoaky :dw: I wish that Agent 47 stuff wasn't soo expensive :nonono:

Users who are viewing this thread