Strut tower braces

alexanderdel

Established Member
Anyone know where to get some? Been google-ing around and have been able to find any. Saw some on contour.org on that purple contour with the half car trailor. That's the only place I saw them..

On the note, if anyone could suggest some suspension upgrades that would be awsome. I'd like to tighten it up next spring along with lowering it.

Construct

Established Member
Tower bars aren't much use on our cars, without some major non reversible work, the lack of mount bolts on the top of the towers means there is no way to mount them properly, some people have bought them and put them on with small sheet metal bolts, and where they look good all your doing is putting holes in a structural part of the chassis, and there's no way those little bolts can actually make the chassis ridged in hard cornering, the second option is to weld the mounts to the strut towers, this would make the bar functional, but Is absolutely irreversible, and can actually weaken the towers if not done properly,

As for the rear, same story, there was the cougar rear bar setup from the uk that was a nice piece of engineering however this was a full rear brace system not just a tower to tower bar.

I have a FSTB I've had for year that I've never installed cause I don't see any reason. I don't think it'll be going on the car any time soon

RichR

Established Member
There were a few companies that made some. Few run offs for group buys on the forums.

I have a rear strut tower brace for the CSVT. PM me if interested

Users who are viewing this thread