strut tower brace?

RoadZOmbie

Established Member
for the JLT...(best one you can get)

theres a strut tower brace that edelbrock makes for one of their performer intakes....look for it on their website or around.......I was debating on purchasing it since itll be a little higher and maybe it might let the JLT CAI in without a rub.....its suppose to be a little higher than the stock one....but, im not sure if its higher overall or just the angle where its needed to clear....I was going to look into this for my 96 but I came accross a modified strut tower brace made to fit for the JLT CAI so I just stuck with that one.....good luck:beer:

Last edited:

Karnick_GT

Working on my tan...
Established Member
since you have a 97 with a stb, the question should be "what cai goes with a stB" I have the C&L. After i got it the car tuned, it showed that it significantly lowered the temp of the incoming air under acceleration. here is a pic...

47b6d739b3127cce8caddc03fa1300000016100AbMmbRu1cMWOg

bobbys97r

Established Member
since you have a 97 with a stb, the question should be "what cai goes with a stB" I have the C&L. After i got it the car tuned, it showed that it significantly lowered the temp of the incoming air under acceleration. here is a pic...

47b6d739b3127cce8caddc03fa1300000016100AbMmbRu1cMWOg

I bought my car without the brace

DOHCscreamer

Established Member
Does anyone know if maximum motorsports strut tower brace fits with JLT CAI?

i put a MM stb on my 95GT. i realize its a different engine, but they built the brace with cai's in mind, at least for 5.0's. there is a lot of spare room over my cai tube. if it doesnt fit, you can always return it as long as you don't scratch up the powder coating

Team Dave

I broke something
Established Member
I've got the C&L with a 10" K&N and a STB off my friend's 96 Cobra. Works great and doesn't feel any different performance wise compared to the JLT (w/ no STB) I had before it.

96 chris

Established Member
I know anything to stiffen up these cars is a good thing so I just wanted to find out some options for fitting the JLT.

How would you modify your standard brace??? Cutting or bending a bit?

I know that the JLT Intake barely clears the hood right where it connects to the throttle body because when I put mine on I had one of the fasteners on the top and the hood wouldn't close - had to put it on the bottom. But how much room do I have where the strut tower brace crosses the intake tube?

My car is in storage right now so I can't check these things. I am just looking at buying parts over the winter so I want to know what will work.

Cobrakid2006

We Are VENOM
Established Member
did u all forget that Steeda makes one for our cars and they claim that its a lil taller to fit aftermarket CAI's. even the pics of them looks like it'll work.

96 chris

Established Member
You're right I just looked on their website.

CLOSED TRIANGLE SHAPE FOR STRENGTH AND ULTIMATE HANDLING
DESIGNED TO WORK WITH CASTER/CAMBER PLATES
ALLOWS FOR AFTERMARKET MANIFOLDS
MUCH LIGHTER THAN OTHER AFTERMARKET BARS AND 50% STRONGER

Still, a picture of something on someones car would be appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread