Strut tower brace options?

03blackvert

Established Member
The only one I'm sure has one to fit the '03 is the Kenny Brown. What other options are there? The interesting details (to me) are is it a two position, three position (one on firewall) or four position (two on firewall), and does it mount around or under the shock mounts?

03blackvert

Established Member
I couldn't find an '03 version on Steeda's web site. Am I just blind or do they not have it up yet? Do you have one you can take a picture of?

Elanor03

Established Member
Just call Steeda they can tell you all about it over the phone i called them a couple of weeks ago they are really helpful

Onelfastlride

Established Member
03blackver

Try a little search...........I posted pics in a previous thread and it won't let me post duplicate here...........You can't beat the price $99 - 10%. As far as 2 pt vs 3 pt.......I'm sure 3 is better.

StreetSnake

Established Member
I have seen the Steeda and in my opinion it doesnt match up to the Ken Brown. The Steeda only has 2 contact points as opposed to the KB that also attaches to the firewall. It is a worthwhile option in my opinion based solely on my 96 cobra when we used to take it off how hard it was to get back on to realign the holes up because of the flex of the body:beer: :beer:

03blackvert

Established Member
Ah, I found your steeda pics. Yeah, steeda is a 2 point. Since I've got a vert and really want to reduce cowl shake I think a 3 point is in order. On that front looks like KB is the only one who has them, but that they might not work with anyone else's C&C plates. I still think MM with their 4 bolt attachment is better, but perhaps with the extra metal of the brace in there 3 bolt is ok. If someone has drilled out the KB brace for the MM 4 bolt plates I'd love to hear about it.

94SVT Coupe

Ford Fanatic
Established Member
With all of these bends in the Steeda, how could it possibly do anything besides take up space, add weight, and flex right along with the car?

If you are going to do a STB, which I feel is completely unneeded, at least get one that triangulates the strut towers and the pinch weld on the firewall. The KB looks OK, but I wouldn't buy it if it limits you to running the KB C/C plates only. Their C/C plates are really just "C" plates and are way overpriced for what you get. MM has the C/C plates to use.

PhillyCobra

Established Member
Why do bends in the brace necessarily result in flex? If done properly, they should be fine-- just like a roll bar. I think the KB piece does mount on 2 spots on the firewall, by the way-- looks so on the picture. Have asked MM when they will have a piece that fits the 2003 Cobra but have not heard answer yet.

Anyone with experience using lower front braces (K member) on Cobras? I had good effect when I added one to my last Mustang, perhaps even more apparent stiffness than Shock Tower Brace.

socalcobra03

Established Member
I called MM to see if they were going to make a strut tower brace, they said after some testing,they won't put their name on one becaue they really don't make a difference on the cobra. He said that they are still looking t other optons and if they were going to make one that would really work, it wouldn't be this year. I mentiond the other companies who are making them and he said they have them in the shop, and after testing, they do not make a significant differece.Just thouht I'd pass the info along.

rmoreau

Established Member
FWIW Hotchkis Performance is in the process of designing C/C and STB. Saw some they are doing for other cars, and I have to say they look like art and function. I hope they come with them soon!

R

Users who are viewing this thread