Strut Tower Brace install ??

SLOWNED

Established Member
Hey guys i just purchased the Maximum motorsports strut tower brace for twin screws and upon reading the instructions i see it involves quite a bit of drilling :cryying:

The instructions seem pretty detailed but I'm always wary of drilling holes into my car. Does anyone who has installed one of these have any tips or pointers? The instructions make it seem like something that i can do easily on my own but before i go drilling holes left and right i just wanted to maybe get some advice from someone that has done it before. :beer:

black 10th vert

Established Member
It is a big pain in the ass to install, but their instructions simplify the install as much as you can, so beyond that, the only tip I can offer is once you drill the holes, go a size larger than what is called for so you have a bit of tolerance to move the bar a bit while installing, otherwise it will bind, and make it really tough. If my car didn't already have a Steeda bar installed by the original owner (so there was a bunch of holes drilled in the tower, and the firewall cover was cut), I would not have kept a bar on this car because it makes everything harder when working on the blower, or even installing a simple CAI, or RAI. I now have the MM one to clear my Whipple, and even though it has a ton of clearance around the intake, the mounting bracket hit the JLT that I tried to install, so I had to go back to the stock pipe because it was too much work to remove the whole bar just to modify that one bracket.

Last edited:

SLOWNED

Established Member
I thought the MM piece has mounting brackets so that i can unbolt the brace easily to work on anything i need to work on...Am i wrong?

Torch04RedSnake

Established Member
If its a 3 point brace, it is extremely easy to crack the wiper cowl. Be carefull removing it. I also used a dremel to cut away the piece of plastic in the way behind the supercharger to mount it. It helps to also have two ppl to do this when installing the bolts.

SLOWNED

Established Member
Is this an afternoon job? Or should i wait until i have a full weekend to attempt this? Instructions make it look like a 1 hour job lol.

SLOWNED

Established Member
For those of you that have the brace on, especially on a vert, do you notice any difference in stiffness and or interior noises?

Users who are viewing this thread