Strut/Spring Install Problems...Help Please

george.arnold

Established Member
Hey folks,

Decided to tackle the pile of parts that have accumulated in my garage today. Got around to doing the front suspension last. I've removed the upper strut mount nut and the few others that you have to disconnect before you lower the jack and relieve the pressure from the spring. Problem is, I've done all of that and lowered the jack and the spring is still under tension. I've been following the LRS instructions to a T, but I'm not having the same results that they did. They said you don't need a spring compressor, but I'm beginning to think I will.

Anyone got any advice on something I may have missed, or maybe another way to go about this?

Thanks.

George

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
Hey folks,

Decided to tackle the pile of parts that have accumulated in my garage today. Got around to doing the front suspension last. I've removed the upper strut mount nut and the few others that you have to disconnect before you lower the jack and relieve the pressure from the spring. Problem is, I've done all of that and lowered the jack and the spring is still under tension. I've been following the LRS instructions to a T, but I'm not having the same results that they did. They said you don't need a spring compressor, but I'm beginning to think I will.

Anyone got any advice on something I may have missed, or maybe another way to go about this?

Thanks.

George
i "rented" a strut spring compressor from autozone. knocked out the front end pretty quick.

george.arnold

Established Member
i "rented" a strut spring compressor from autozone. knocked out the front end pretty quick.

Yea, I wish I would have just done that, but they said I wouldn't need it. Now it's 8pm Sunday night and I don't have a car to drive myself to Autozone to get a spring compressor, even if they were still open.

Users who are viewing this thread