Strut mount opinions please!

phfelts

Established Member
I've just installed Eibach Sportlines and Koni Yellows on my car, and during the process I had a retard moment and didn't use a spring compressor during disassemble of the stock stuff. As you can imagine, there were parts flying through the air, and lessons were learned. :nonono:

The driver's side strut mount was damaged, so I'm looking to replace it. I have the Konis for the 2011+ mustangs, so the GT500 mounts are out. After reading another thread, I see that I can buy replacement factory mounts, buy the Steeda HD mounts, or go with the MM caster camber plates.

I've had MM camber plates on another car and didn't notice any crazy NVH, so I'm wondering what some of you guys have experienced using these other products, primarily concerning the NVH increases. The car is my daily driver, but I'm not too concerned about minor noise increases. The MM camber plates would be nice for the adjustability, but I doubt I'd ever really take full advantage of it. I also have the eibach camber bolts ready to install. Thanks in advance for any input!

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
With the sportlines the mm cc plates will be able to put the car alignment back in spec. If you go with stock plates that work well you will need the camber bolts.

racermatt

Established Member
Our strut mounts will give you the ability to get proper camber. I would steer clear of the camber bolts they are limited and some are weaker then the stock bolt.

Users who are viewing this thread