strut hieght after CC install

golfprowanabe

Established Member
I'm just wondering if these pictures look correct for the top of the strut being this tall after installing MM CC plates. I put in HR Race springs without isos. One small spacer underneath and the other three on top. Seems like it sticks out quite far. I was almost worried that they would hit the hood when I closed it.

golfprowanabe

Established Member
The strut should be in the middle of its travel when the car is at rest at its normal ride height.

But of course, nobody bothers to mark anything before they take it apart so how are they going to know if its back together correctly...(?)

And I would be one who did not take any measurements beforehand :bash:
I tightened it down to where it wouldn't tighten any more. Does this mean I'm probably at the bottom of the travel? I've been riding in it for a couple days and haven't noticed any bottoming out.

T-Pain808

I Love Asian Girls!!!
Established Member
Two big spacers up top with one small spacer/washer. One small spacer underneath for dropped cars. If you did that, and your not hitting the hood then your got exactly want I got. As far as alignment take it to a professional and get it done right. 150 bucks at most.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
This is how Maximum illustrates it for lowered cars:

camber.gif

I need to take mine apart and pull one of the spacers from below, I'm pretty sure I had 2 small ones underneath. Hopefully I'll get a touch more bump travel.

antiv6

Established Member
looks like mine does, 3 on top 1 on bottom, thats what the instructions say

golfprowanabe

Established Member
looks like mine does, 3 on top 1 on bottom, thats what the instructions say

It's more than that guys... I already have 2 big spacers and 1 small one on top. Look how much the strut pokes out past that! About how much should the strut stick out past?

Users who are viewing this thread