Strut and shocks needed ride quality

gs98cobra

Established Member
Whats the best strut shock combination not only for handling but ride quality.I have QA1's right now and the ride quality sucks.I have Eibach Pro kit installed any help would be awesome.
Thank you

97cobratiny

97cobraTiny
Established Member
Whats the best strut shock combination not only for handling but ride quality.I have QA1's right now and the ride quality sucks.I have Eibach Pro kit installed any help would be awesome.
Thank you

:pop: I have the same set-up and have wondered the same thing for a while now.

SVTCobra306

Established Member
What kind of budget? Bilstein's are never a bad choice... but they are on the expensive side for a non adjustable damper. For a bit more you can get Koni SA's. If you are looking for decent budget stuff Tokico HP (Blues) aren't really a bad combo with the Pro Kit. I autocross mine with that setup (soft spring big bar setup) with a Panhard bar.. the ride is noticeably stiffer from mine to other HP equipped cars though, partly due to the Panhard but also largely due to the 36mm front Eibach bar and the rear EvM adjustable swaybar set on full hard.. I am actually switching to Bilstein HD's in the near future just because of my wants for faster times at the auto-x courses.

gs98cobra

Established Member
What kind of budget? Bilstein's are never a bad choice... but they are on the expensive side for a non adjustable damper. For a bit more you can get Koni SA's. If you are looking for decent budget stuff Tokico HP (Blues) aren't really a bad combo with the Pro Kit. I autocross mine with that setup (soft spring big bar setup) with a Panhard bar.. the ride is noticeably stiffer from mine to other HP equipped cars though, partly due to the Panhard but also largely due to the 36mm front Eibach bar and the rear EvM adjustable swaybar set on full hard.. I am actually switching to Bilstein HD's in the near future just because of my wants for faster times at the auto-x courses.

Thank you ill give the Bilstein's a try.

SVTCobra306

Established Member
Find someone with a stock Terminator and ride in it. Their front springs are a tad stiffer than yours and a linear rate, they come with Bil's from the factory. The Bilsteins will give you a very firm ride without being harsh IMO. They'll help keep the car from bottoming out so much and will control your springs very well, keeping you from bouncing around a lot.

19Mystic96

Established Member
ive had great experiences with Koni Yellows (single adjustable).. they are actually 25% off for a while...

Wishing4Cobra

Established Member
I ordered Bilstein HD's and they have lifetime warranty. I was going to order Tokico D Specs but heard alot more good stuff about the Bilsteins.

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
I have koni's I love the fact that I can adjust them enough that I can loosen for the drag strip and tighten them back up for better handling on the street

Users who are viewing this thread