Stronger Yoke?

mobius

CDM 2009
Established Member
I bent the Yoke had to pry it out. Is there a stronger one? looking at the splines they have a wave to them. I am not sure if i damaged the spines on the tranny as it came out with a little force but dropping the driveshaft i had to pry on it to push it forward. ie would not go in tranny, so i am thinking i may have only bent the yoke. When i get the new one ill see if it slides on the output shaft easily.

mobius

CDM 2009
Established Member
Ok seems noone here knows the answer. So for people searching to find out this info here it is. Strange 1350 27 spline Yoke part # U1667. and it is 179.99 at summit or jegs.

SLPRCTM

Established Member
Which splines have the wave? The ones in the yoke or the ones on the output shaft? If the output shaft splines are not straight, you will need to look into having the tranny opened up and inspected.

How did you damage the yoke originally?

mobius

CDM 2009
Established Member
can't tell if the output shaft is damaged. I figure I will slide the new slip yoke on it and see if it works. I found it by some tranny fluid leaking at the output shaft seal. I had it at the dragstrip on 28" Bias plys so that is most certainly how it was damaged. I would not have known it other than the leaking fluid. I had a hell of a time getting the driveshaft out because it would not slide into the transmission.

If it is damaged I will probably upgrade to the T56 magnum as I have a 6060 in my vette and it shifts waaay better!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread