Stroked GTO Not Starting

Black 03 Mach

Roll Tide
Established Member
I know this isnt related, but Im pissed off and could use more opinions than LS1gto, as only one person got back to me there. Thanks in advance.
Posted over on that forum:
The car is a ly6 416ci, had some issue with the first builder who was a schmuck... but the car did start after the engine was installed. Transported it to a very reputable shop around me who installed the rest of the parts and fixed the issues that the first builder caused but now it does not start 15-20% of the time.... Usually at the most inconvenient times, when i need to go to work or in this mornings case a cruise out to Media PA to the American Muscle show. Ive brought the car back to the second shop twice to fix this issue as well as the car dying when coming to a stop at lights ext.

I brought the car to a different shop who used a different AFR reader and it was running 13.2-13.6 at WOT when the other shop says it sticks at 12.8 across the board. Im looking for a separate opinion, im tired of wasting time and gas bringing my car back to this shop only to get extremely frustrated when i need to drive this car.

Excuse the language in the video, my brother was pissed off.
Conor's GTO starting issue - YouTube

So does this sound like a bad tune, or something more is wrong?

Black 03 Mach

Roll Tide
Established Member

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
I hate to sound stereotypical, but issues like this are whats kept me away from the gtos. They're beautiful cars, with lots of power potential but gremlins seem to come through often whether it be mechanical, electrical or general build quality.

I guess try another tuner like you are thinking. If you were here in Texas I could hook you up with a top notch GM shop.

Black 03 Mach

Roll Tide
Established Member
Can you load the stock tune just to see if it'll start?

I cant, i dont have a handheld for the car. It doesnt happen all the time, sometimes the car starts right up. I just wanted some second opinions, ive went through hell and back between this car and mine with shit builders. Definitely a learning experience.

BV600

Established Member
LOL I had a GTO with 403 stroker magnacharger and nitrous worked great for 6 months then went down hill from there sold it cheap and took the loss good luck to you.

Black 03 Mach

Roll Tide
Established Member
Will check the sensor, thanks for the luck lol. I really havnt had much what so ever with cars, im hoping a new tune will turn the car around.

Monster Mach

Established Member
Could this possibly be a security issue? A lil out there but I remember a work truck that did this when the key wore down and had to get a new one

itSSlow98

Established Member
Have your tuner turn the PATS off in the computer. Thats definetly a security issue from my experience.

Shoot me a pm with who is working/tuning it. I am an lsx guy with a couple good tuner friends around your area.

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
Intermittent problems are typically electrical. All grounds in good condition? Battery cables etc?

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
if its a stick car - clutch sensor?

if its an auto could it be something with the park safety switch? try putting it in neutral and see if it starts?

cant look at the vid at work just two things that occured to me

Black 03 Mach

Roll Tide
Established Member
Intermittent problems are typically electrical. All grounds in good condition? Battery cables etc?

They should be, the car has been back to them 3 times with this issue. They looked over each time and said it was fine. Just tried again to start it, doing the same crap for the past 4 days.

Users who are viewing this thread