Strip launching MT82 with a blower

petersen302

Established Member
I have a TVS car with an MT82. It took about a week after I got my car back for my MT82 to start whining. It is still not grinding or anything, but whining quite a bit. I haven't ran it at the strip because I am afraid of what the power and sticky surface is going to do to the MT82. So my question is, who else out there has a similar build, and what do you think about track launching it?

Thanks!

hopony

Established Member
I have a paxton car on street tires launch it at 4k and slip the clutch. Just got a set of stiff wall slicks so I will see how that goes soon.

Tuffnuts23

Established Member
I have been launching my car at 4k on slicks with nitrous coming on right out of the hole. Im not making TVS power but the torque should be close. Are you sure its the tranny and not the rear end making all the noise? I probably have 200 launches on my transmission and it feels fine. The rear end is pretty loud though, has been for quite some time. I've came to terms with the fact that at anytime this tranny can go, i still drive it like any of my previous T56 cars. Breaking parts is a great excuse to buy better ones!!

petersen302

Established Member
I am certain its the transmission. Its the same 2-3 gear whine that others have tried.

Are you hard launching or slipping the clutch?

Derek@Lethal

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
We ran the stock MT82's in our Whipple'd 2011 GT making nearly 750rwhp and our Vortech JT 2012 Boss 302 making over 830rwhp, using 28" stiff sidewall slicks and dumping the clutch. Both cars ran the stock motors, trans and rear and neither of them gave us any fusses.

Not saying what we experienced is the norm, or the exception, but it was just that, our experience. Some guys have made more power with the stock trans, some guys had their trans break with not even a tune or CAI. I say just let it eat :coolman:

Last edited:

petersen302

Established Member
We ran the stock MT82's in our Whipple'd 2011 GT making nearly 750rwhp and our Vortech JT 2012 Boss 302 making over 830rwhp, using 28" stiff sidewall slicks and dumping the clutch. Both cars ran the stock motors, trans and rear and neither of them gave us any fusses.

Not saying what we experienced is the norm, or the exception, but it was just that, our experience. Some guys have made more power with the stock trans, some guys had their trans break with not even a tune or CAI. I say just let it eat :coolman:

My tuner said the same thing, beat the hell out of it. lol

Just out of curiosity, did you run a one piece driveshaft in your cars?

jccobra

Established Member
I have a kenne bell on mine ,1 piece driveshaft, put drag radials on it left around 2500 no problems just couldn't get the car to shift with stock clutch. Went 11.53 at 124 shifting at 6500 because it wouldn't go into gear any higher rpm .

Users who are viewing this thread