street warz orlando speedworld

hopony

Established Member
Made the trip from jax to orlando for some Tuesday night fun. Found out how slick osw is with no prep. Fist run they made me start from a cone 2 cars back from starting line. Spun 1st through 3rd. Ran 10.8 at 126 had trouble getting it into 4th. Second run they started letting people run from tree. Still spun 1st 3 gears badly and 4th gear just would not coperate. Ran 12.0 at 123. I really can't belive how different the track was with no prep. My car gets better traction on the street. Still had a good time just wasn't expecting to learn how to drift in 3rd gear. :burnout:

wpid-20131029_212503.jpg

stangn

Established Member
The street and the track are very different animals as far as traction. Not saying the track was not bad. Just know if a car is set up for the street it won't work well at the track and vise versa.

hopony

Established Member
The street and the track are very different animals as far as traction. Not saying the track was not bad. Just know if a car is set up for the street it won't work well at the track and vise versa.

All I can say is this is the first time I have been to a track that was slicker than the street. Next trip I will have a new clutch so hopefully it will shift into all the gears properly.

bigriff85

Established Member
i live close by but don't know what to think about that whole street warz thing. Seems like unles you got a really slow car (eh hem, the surplus of hondas) that show up there you're just gonna spin everywhere & it seems like most of the guys who go out there run out and tell everyone they ran some crazy time cause they were already going 40mph when they cross the beams lol. the no track prep is probably the most negative thing though for sure. they just need to bring test and tune back the extra night!

hopony

Established Member
i live close by but don't know what to think about that whole street warz thing. Seems like unles you got a really slow car (eh hem, the surplus of hondas) that show up there you're just gonna spin everywhere & it seems like most of the guys who go out there run out and tell everyone they ran some crazy time cause they were already going 40mph when they cross the beams lol. the no track prep is probably the most negative thing though for sure. they just need to bring test and tune back the extra night!

I agree the new owner has really made track hook when they prep. Anything that made power last night got a free ticket for Mr Toads Wild Ride.

bigriff85

Established Member
lol and yeah i definitely don't mean to take the piss out of street warz neither, it's great that the new owner cares and keeps a lot of those cars from running on the street for a few hours and have them running the track instead but a little prep wouldnt' hurt for sure

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
So you ran the 10.8 when you had a longer track? Am I understanding the write up correctly? Or did you start further towards the finish line? 10.8 on street tires is very good

hopony

Established Member
So you ran the 10.8 when you had a longer track? Am I understanding the write up correctly? Or did you start further towards the finish line? 10.8 on street tires is very good

10.8 was starting at a cone 2 car lengths behind starting line. So rolling start. Car spun 1 through 3rd on that run also. My best run on street tires is still the 11.7 with a lazy launch

SignalZero

Eat mor Chikin
Established Member
I hope it's decent this friday night. I'm going and just finished a fresh 393W for our notch that we're wanting to break in :D

Users who are viewing this thread