Street Tires for Wet and Dry Traction

xKingCobra

Established Member
What are the best tires in your opinion and experience for wet/rain and dry traction for the rear. Just looking for some really good tires just in case i have to drive through the rain to get to work. I Currently have the stock 10th anniversary wheels with rear nitto drag radials. Please list brand and size. Example given: Mickey thompson Street Comp 315 35 17.

Zemedici

Established Member
I'm on 555Rs 275/40/17 on the stock 10th wheels

Cars hook well, and I'm at 619whp, just dont drive like a jackass in the rain and you'll be fine. Hell before I put these on my tires were BALD for over a year, daily driven, just be smart about it. My girl drives on a Mickey Thompson ET Street.....she drives with some sense and no issues.

HudsonFalcon

Established Member
Continental Extreme Contact DW.

They get good reviews. I have the sport version on my Cobra but i only have about 10 miles on them so I can't give any in depth review.

Zedeater

Good from far
Established Member
Continental Extreme Contact DW.

They get good reviews. I have the sport version on my Cobra but i only have about 10 miles on them so I can't give any in depth review.

+1...Not a Cobra, but I have these on my daily SVT focus and they are the best tire I've ever had in the wet. Cuts through puddles like a machete that other tires would immediate start to hydroplane on. Not THE best tire out there when its dry but plenty good enough.

xKingCobra

Established Member
I'm on 555Rs 275/40/17 on the stock 10th wheels

Cars hook well, and I'm at 619whp, just dont drive like a jackass in the rain and you'll be fine. Hell before I put these on my tires were BALD for over a year, daily driven, just be smart about it. My girl drives on a Mickey Thompson ET Street.....she drives with some sense and no issues.
Which 555Rs exactly do you have?

01yellercobra

Established Member
Anybodys personal opinion about these . NITTO NT555 G2 Ultra High Performance Tire . http://www.americanmuscle.com/nitto-nt555-g2amm.html

I'm running those in 315's currently. They're ok. But I'm looking to go back to drag radials. They hold ok, but even at my power level they can spin pretty easy. Hell, I spun in second getting on the freeway yesterday in 2nd.

I ran the 555R's in the same size for years. I never had an issue, even in rain. I didn't drive like a jack ass when it was wet and I managed to survive.

HudsonFalcon

Established Member
Anybodys personal opinion about these . NITTO NT555 G2 Ultra High Performance Tire . http://www.americanmuscle.com/nitto-nt555-g2amm.html

I heard mixed reviews on those thus why i went with the Continental Sports. I had the Nitto drags down to the wear bars and was thinking about getting them again. In the end i ended up going with something that was a good all around tire since i mainly just cruise in the car with my wife on the weekends.

xKingCobra

Established Member
I'm running those in 315's currently. They're ok. But I'm looking to go back to drag radials. They hold ok, but even at my power level they can spin pretty easy. Hell, I spun in second getting on the freeway yesterday in 2nd.

I ran the 555R's in the same size for years. I never had an issue, even in rain. I didn't drive like a jack ass when it was wet and I managed to survive.
Right now I have the nitto drag radial 555s and am just skeptical on how safe it's not going to be in a random downpour

01yellercobra

Established Member
Right now I have the nitto drag radial 555s and am just skeptical on how safe it's not going to be in a random downpour
I guess it depends on the down pour. My 01 was my daily for a few years. Rain or shine I drove it to work. Sometimes the rain was pretty heavy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

01yellercobra

Established Member
My car makes 525 /515. So just need best possible combo for front tires and rears.

At the time my 01 was my daily it was in the low 600 range with a D1 and BB/S set up. I ran 555R's in the rear and regular 555's up front. It was a good combo.

KLLR SNK

Established Member

I have had both the G2's and the Continental Extreme Contact DW's. Although I am currently on the G2's I liked the Continental Extreme Contact DW's better for wet/dry daily driving. The G2's spin way too easily on dry pavement in 2nd gear with my 500hp.

xKingCobra

Established Member
I have had both the G2's and the Continental Extreme Contact DW's. Although I am currently on the G2's I liked the Continental Extreme Contact DW's better for wet/dry daily driving. The G2's spin way too easily on dry pavement in 2nd gear with my 500hp.
What size are you running with the g2s

Users who are viewing this thread