Street Tire + VHT good idea?

RedfireVNM

Ahnald, GET TO THE CHOPPA
Established Member
just curious what you guys thought, iv got a bottle of VHT and a new set of BFG street tires on my stock 17s...iv got a race against a Camaro that id really like to beat lol...how would be the best way to go along using the VHT? Iv heard its not ment for street tires but works just the same...thought id ask the pros :beer:

AaronK

Established Member
I'm assuming you're racing on the street... I would use a small amount in your burnout and don't do a very big burnout as it will make the tires greasy. Just enough to see a little smoke. JMO of course.

Scottyk

Established Member
do a normal burnout, then put a small puddle in front of tire, drive into it, do a really small burnout "basically wearing the liquid VHT off your tires" untill you feel it hook.. MOVE CAR AS LITTLE AS POSSIBLE, then race.. gotta keep tires and track clean after getting that stuff on them.. and it stick to EVERYTHING including fingers, but works awesome

RedfireVNM

Ahnald, GET TO THE CHOPPA
Established Member
thanks guys...we usually keep the street pretty clean...well at least for the first 100 feet or so lol we broom it off and since we race there all the time theres a decent ammount of rubber already there

speedfreek88

-Skinny Pimp Racing-
Established Member
ive seen some people mount a windshield washer tank and squirter in the front of their wheel well and use it that way...

burnout-squirt-roll em over- race!

Zak Attack

Huge Member
Established Member
VHT was designed for Street tires, and to be used on the street or at the track. I was told when I bought my ET Streets to not use them on there.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
or maybe you could take it to a track that is PREPPED with VHT from start to finish????

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread