Street Rod, Tennessee Style

393Bird

Seniors Gone Wild
Established Member
I was at a car show last weekend, and this beast drove in, and entered. I thought he had the engine tied down in the bed to sell, but it is where it is mounted. It is a BB Chevy with a 871 blower with "3" 4 barrel carbs. It feeds the power through the trans, into a offshore race boat V drive, back into a flipped Ford 9 inch rear.

p70800165md.jpg

p70800188gy.jpg

p70800239uu.jpg

p70800178gc.jpg

p70800193va.jpg

p70800056eg.jpg

I talked to the guy for some time, and he lives just outside Nashville, and drives it on the weekends if the weather is decent. He has the little baffles in the header tubes, and they meet Tn codes. My Bird shacks the ground, but I could not even tell mine was running when his was fired up.

REPOEDsDIME

w00000t w00t!
Established Member
That's pretty neat. Alot of thought, time, and money invested. It's kinda wierd, but it's different so I like it. I wouldn't do it myself, but I would definately ask alot of questions about it. Pretty cool if you ask me.

Sanchez

Don't Panic
Established Member
That's freaking awesome. He should finish out the area under the hood and turn it into a nice trunk. Maybe throw some subwoofers in there ... :)

venoNOS

BIG DOG DADDY
Established Member
Sweet! Yeah I've seen that car up at Rod Runs in Pigeon Forge. This car has to be seen in person. :rockon:

ford5.0forlife

Dead Stop
Established Member
Cool car, Don't get me wrong but the only thing holding that motor and tranny up above that custom driveline and ground, are 2 swaybars that look too little to be foxbody gt sways. I assume theres a custom cradle there somewhere!..

+1 id love to see that thing launch w/ no front weight.

Users who are viewing this thread