street racing

Boss_302

Established Member
quick question buddy was out street racing and cops where called everyone was out of there before cops even showed up and all the cops have are just words from other people. the cops didnt catch anyone in the act of condensing a speed test or race. Reason why i am asking is what can be charged with since they dont have proof?

Quik Z06

Established Member
Well dont take it personally, but from what you posted it's hard to tell what your asking (the way you worded it) Did your friend get caught, or pulled over? I dont see him being cited for anything if they didn't actually see him. However he could have been cited for illegal mods to his car. Lol the cops may not have seen you guys racing, but their not stupid, they know what's going on.

Boss_302

Established Member
sorry for my wording my english is not the best. he did not get pulled over, other cars did that night after words on there way back and told some of them that they were going to do an investigation. im just courious if he can get citied for anything.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
He can be cited if the police investigation develops information that rises to the level of probable cause.

Quik Z06

Established Member
He can be cited if the police investigation develops information that rises to the level of probable cause.

So if your out at a street race and there is no video and the LEO's didn't see any racing etc, you can still possibly be cited for racing? Or cited for spectating?

STG

Banned
So if your out at a street race and there is no video and the LEO's didn't see any racing etc, you can still possibly be cited for racing? Or cited for spectating?

I reported a driver who drifted his car onto the main street in downtown Cody. The clown thought he was Tanner Faust. Dispatch radioed my report and he was cited by an officer WHO DIDN'T SEE THE VIOLATION.

I testified in court. The officer testified in court. The defendant was found guilty on three charges, ithe offense I reported plus two others the officer found after I gave him probable cause to stop the car. Total fines $710.00

Witness statements and testimony are perfectly acceptable in court. You actually thought non-LEO testimony can't get you convicted? Most criminals are convicted in court without the aid of eyewitness LEO testimony.

And, stop starting your sentences with so! The plural of LEO is LEOs. Better English will impress the judge during your next guilty plea in court!

Last edited:

Quik Z06

Established Member
Wow, thanks didn't know I was in english class!! I was asking a simple question, no need to get deffensive. I never said you couldn't get convicted without an eye witness, again I was asking the question.

I seriously hope you weren't saying I would need better english in court. I've been in court plenty of time's and not once have I been convicted of anything (when fighting it) SO I guess my english is ok. Not to mention, im not a foreigner if you thought that, born and raised in the USA buddy!

Fordsvtfan..I appologize for rambling a bit there, but I thought I had a reasonable question for you. I know myself along with other members here find the forum useful, which is why I tend to ask as many questions as I can.

Last edited:

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member

Considering street racing is a criminal act in almost every jurisdiction, if not witnessed directly by a L.E.O. an investigation occurs. If the investigation develops enough information to meet the elements of the crime, the person will be charged.

As with most criminal acts they are rarely witnessed by L.E.O.s and their prosecution requires an investigation before prosecution.

The answer is YES, you can still be charged with racing without it being directly witnessed by L.E.

I suggest not street racing.

PhLoBuS

JDM/KB Lightning
Established Member
There is street racing near me with easily over 100 cars every weekend and the cops dont do anything. All they really do is put their lights on and they seem to be overwhelmed by all the other cars.

Quik Z06

Established Member
Considering street racing is a criminal act in almost every jurisdiction, if not witnessed directly by a L.E.O. an investigation occurs. If the investigation develops enough information to meet the elements of the crime, the person will be charged.

As with most criminal acts they are rarely witnessed by L.E.O.s and their prosecution requires an investigation before prosecution.

The answer is YES, you can still be charged with racing without it being directly witnessed by L.E.

I suggest not street racing.

Thank you...:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread