"Street Racing"

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoadZOmbie

Established Member
kylez28 said:
I am not saying that it isn't dangerous to race, but with no spectators and nobody around besides you and your friend, you're just as likely something happen on the interstate doing 75-80, except there are more people around. When I race I only go to a certain point, because I don't want to die doing 130 mph with a car right next to me. I do however max my car out at about 150ish on an open road when i'm alone coming back from work at 2 a.m. every once in a while. Street racing with spectators is very, very stupid and I would never attempt it. Spectators are definately for the drag strip, along with very fast cars like the 9 second ones mentioned above. Although I do not believe it is wrong to fool around with a friend doing some roll races and such out in the country just for the fun of it.

I do not however like races in cities in traffic, that is just asking for either a ticket or an accident. I have only raced a few times in the city, and it was late night, and from a stop light and I only got up to the speed of about 50-55 in a 45 mph zone, and then cut it down. I have also been guilty of a few roll races, but I usually slow down in a non-populated area and do it from about a 25 mph roll til about 50ish, to try to not put anyone in danger. My dad was actually hurt pretty bad in a street racing accident, he was a passenger in a car that was racing, and someone pulled out in front of them when they were doing 70 mph.

ouch sorry about your dad....but yeah even I go out and do rolls from time to time when im on the freeway..... :beer:

dfw99cobra

Established Member
I could go for hours on street racing. I can summarize my views on street racing with these 2 simple comments. You gotta pay to play and my lawyer is a bad ass.

Lawman85

Banned
kylez28 said:
I am not saying that it isn't dangerous to race, but with no spectators and nobody around besides you and your friend, you're just as likely something happen on the interstate doing 75-80, except there are more people around.

If it's only you and your friend, then why are you worried about getting pulled over? If the road is empty and no other cars, then there would be no LEO's there right? If you pass an LEO while your racing, and don't see him, then that is a clue that you were going too fast to observe your environment.

lukoi

Mustang Modding Newbie
Established Member
No matter what time it is or where it is, if it's not a controlled environment, someone else, some third party could get hit on the road, crossing the road, entering the road from a dark driveway etc etc.

Uncontrolled environments are always at risk and therefore always illegal to race in. Sucks but there it is.

Now, I just wish there were some 24 hour race courses up you could go to at all hours of the night :p

Those'd make some money ina few towns I'm sure hehe.

RoadZOmbie

Established Member
lukoi said:
No matter what time it is or where it is, if it's not a controlled environment, someone else, some third party could get hit on the road, crossing the road, entering the road from a dark driveway etc etc.

Uncontrolled environments are always at risk and therefore always illegal to race in. Sucks but there it is.

Now, I just wish there were some 24 hour race courses up you could go to at all hours of the night :p

Those'd make some money ina few towns I'm sure hehe.

that's an idea that's been flowing through the department that might decrease or even stop street racing to some extent....but unfortunately stupid governor vetoed the forms we turned in.... :bash:

03cobrarocks

Established Member
something I find very funny is everyone is cracking down on street racing yet... car manufactuers are making faster and faster cars such as the covrette c6 z06, shelby cobra, pretty much everything in the dodge lineup is getting faster such as the 300c hemi, charger, all of the srts

I dont understand becuase most the people that buy these cars are never going to see the track but as all of yall know when you have a lot of power sometimes you just feel the need to push the pedal...

TERMN8U

Established Member
our closest track is 2 hrs away with a population of over 4,000,000 people. The government and politition pussies wont allow one. They say it will encourage street racing. :bash:

kylez28

Established Member
The road I usually race on has no houses, and only 1 road that only goes west, and we race towards the north. The thing i'm worried about is a lot of the cops around town here like to follow me around and wait for me to do something wrong. I'm just afraid that he has caught on to me racing out there and will be waiting along the side of the road one night when i'm racing. I don't really see how he could have caught on to me, but it is possible. I am thinking about finding another road farther away from town, even though this road is perfect with no houses and is just a two-lane straightaway that hardly anyone ever is on, and NO ONE is on at 2 a.m. I definately can't afford another ticket, I am in a 30-day suspension right now for chirping my tires and speeding 33 in a 25. I went 2.5 years with no tickets, then got 2 tickets back to back nights lol. Oh well only a 30-day suspension, which is over here on the 13th :beer: :banana: :-D :rockon:

Lawman85

Banned
kylez28 said:
The road I usually race on has no houses, and only 1 road that only goes west, and we race towards the north. The thing i'm worried about is a lot of the cops around town here like to follow me around and wait for me to do something wrong. I'm just afraid that he has caught on to me racing out there and will be waiting along the side of the road one night when i'm racing. I don't really see how he could have caught on to me, but it is possible. I am thinking about finding another road farther away from town, even though this road is perfect with no houses and is just a two-lane straightaway that hardly anyone ever is on, and NO ONE is on at 2 a.m. I definately can't afford another ticket, I am in a 30-day suspension right now for chirping my tires and speeding 33 in a 25. I went 2.5 years with no tickets, then got 2 tickets back to back nights lol. Oh well only a 30-day suspension, which is over here on the 13th :beer: :banana: :-D :rockon:

I'm still not sure what answer you are looking for. Do you want an LEO to tell you it's ok to race on that particular stretch of road? It isn't going to happen here. My agency is really strict about racing, DUI, aggressive driving, etc... All of those will land you in jail here.

dfw99cobra

Established Member
kylez28 said:

IMO, you're playing it about as safe as you can. If you think the LEO will stake out your spot find a new one. Or have a runner check the road out first. I always check spots before an organized race, and I never hit spots with large groups of cars. I'm strictly call out basis only.

dpotter

Established Member
Listen to dfw99cobra IF you are going to continue this illegal activity. Indeed his first advice is every bit as strong as this last bit. Now I sound like a LEO. I'm still diggin' the fact that LEOs get to drive terminators on the job, freakin' awesome. Now I feel bad about bustin' on the guy that was looking for little police antennas for his Cobra, that still cracks me up though.

Dude, if you lose it at 100+ at 2:00 AM in the middle of nowhere, you're so screwed, especially if your racin buddy aint real attached to you...

Red35thGT

who cares?
Established Member
If this road is as deserted as you say at 2:00 in the morning, you are probably going to lose a lot of blod. Its going to be well into the morning before someone comes by and can call the meat wagon to scrape your bloody carcas off of the highway. Buckle up, and good luck. Thirty days suspension seems small now, see how small it seems when they hit you hard for racing.

2004BlackCobra

Established Member
Want03Cobra said:
HELL NO!!...big no no on street racing....yeah it may be fun but there is big point where its more dangerous than fun....in easy words our street racing citations and such similar citations have decreased by 50% with the 2 unmarked terminators running around Los Angeles....damn its fun running around with an unmarked terminator and just see the peoples faces when they've sped 20 mph over the limit and you pool them over... :rockon:

I knew they had some terminators in Florida, but not L.A. This is very good information to know. Now I have to watch out for regular police cars, police bikes and undercover terminators. Absolutely unbelievable :bored:

Last edited:

Mechanic

I am a Honky
Established Member
Some cops are cool-they can tell the idiots from the true enthusiast. And if your really cool they will line up and race you. I got my a-- smoked in my 1983 5.0 by a cop in a chrysler cop car with a 360ci motor. I was like 19 or 20 and we all thought we were busted when he showed up but got to B.S.ing and next thing were racing.

kylez28

Established Member
I won't get caught racing..if I do i'm runnin like a bitch because my life is basically ****ed without my license with all the money I owe. May or may not get away, either way my life would basically be ****ed...

Lawman85

Banned
kylez28 said:
I won't get caught racing..if I do i'm runnin like a bitch because my life is basically ****ed without my license with all the money I owe. May or may not get away, either way my life would basically be ****ed...

Moron

mswaim

Dark Side Poster
Established Member
kylez28 said:

Allrighty then..................... :sleeping:

Floridalawdog

Established Member
kylez28 said:
Kyle, it seems fairly obvious from all your posts that you do not respect the law or the people who enforce it. So you are trying to street race safely, where you can only hurt yourself. Every officer on here has worked a crash, an avoidable crash caused by people with similar attitudes to you. Crashes that make you sick to your stomach and emotionally scarred. We are people too and have feelings like everyone else. And if you saw the crap we see at a crash scene, you would understand why we wont condone your street racing. You keep trying to put down cops in various ways on every thread you can. It wont work. Too many cops on here, and too many supporters of the cops on here that have been helped legitamatly and appreciatew the help.

If your life is ****ed without your license, dont break the law. I dont care how fast your car is, you will be caught if you run. So RUN KYLE RUN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread