"Street Racing"

Status
Not open for further replies.

kylez28

Established Member
I'm not talking traffic street racing, and not the "fast n furious" style either. Where is it "alright" to do this. I know it's not legally right anywhere besides the drag strip, but say you are out on some 2 lane country road at 2 a.m. and you and your friend want to run them just to see how your cars compare to each other. I definately would just want to go out to the drag strip and do this, but the nearest dragstrip is like 40 miles and it's only an 1/8 mile :rollseyes . When I was with my friend and we were lining up about a mile out of town, a cop came up to us and said it's a bad idea to be racing on this road because it curves. I was like wait a second, you're giving us advice on where to race? He said he doesn't mind if me and my friend race alone out on a country road, as long as nobody is spectating or there are any residential or houses near-by. He says he knows what its like to be young and have a fast car, and admitted to racing when he was my age, then told us to stay out of trouble. This was my only run-in with an actual down to earth cop(not saying they're not out there). I live in a pretty small town, only about 2600 people, and the other cops usually follow me around town and wait for my to do something wrong. This guy has let me off for speeding 30 in a 20 and just flashed his lights at me and motioned for me to slow it down.

Anyways, sorry for getting into story mode and I just wanted to know how other cops felt about a friend racing a friend on a deserted country road at like 2 a.m.?

dfw99cobra

Established Member
I Definately wouldn't count on any LEO's on this site endorsing racing, but you did find one cool guy. I got caught racing and was pulled over as all the other racers were fleeing and the officer let me go because he said he was young once and he respected us not being around other people. He commented on being have a "beautiful automobile" and let me go.

RoadZOmbie

Established Member
Floridalawdog said:
I dont think any of the cops on here are going to endorse street racing.

HELL NO!!...big no no on street racing....yeah it may be fun but there is big point where its more dangerous than fun....in easy words our street racing citations and such similar citations have decreased by 50% with the 2 unmarked terminators running around Los Angeles....damn its fun running around with an unmarked terminator and just see the peoples faces when they've sped 20 mph over the limit and you pool them over... :rockon:

stangd1909

GO NOLES
Established Member
Want03Cobra said:
damn its fun running around with an unmarked terminator and just see the peoples faces when they've sped 20 mph over the limit and you pool them over... :rockon:

Priceless!!! :lol1: :lol1:

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
Want03Cobra said:
HELL NO!!...big no no on street racing....yeah it may be fun but there is big point where its more dangerous than fun....in easy words our street racing citations and such similar citations have decreased by 50% with the 2 unmarked terminators running around Los Angeles....damn its fun running around with an unmarked terminator and just see the peoples faces when they've sped 20 mph over the limit and you pool them over... :rockon:
dude. are you serious? What color are they and what city, so I know who not to race. :D

RoadZOmbie

Established Member
OxfordCobra said:
dude. are you serious? What color are they and what city, so I know who not to race. :D

yeah im serious....all I can tell you is they're black...lightly but noticeable tinted windows....and look for 4 not so noticeable digits at the bottom of the rear bumper...you wont notice them until your up close....if you see it give the driver a wave and a thumbs up....it might be me of the 2 driving :beer:

as for the location.....since its doing good through out the whole city of Los Angeles, the department hasn't really gave it a direct place to patrol

Last edited:

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
Want03Cobra said:
I worked my a$$ off to get to where im at....we even had to take a driving course for it...which I think was pretty funny....but my other bud and I were the ones that scored high :beer:
dude...if you pull over a cobra...just mention svtp and perhaps it'll be me. :pop:

shocker 420

Established Member
Want03Cobra said:
yeah im serious....all I can tell you is they're black...lightly but noticeable tinted windows....and look for 4 not so noticeable digits at the bottom of the rear bumper...you wont notice them until your up close....if you see it give the driver a wave and a thumbs up....it might be me of the 2 driving :beer:

as for the location.....since its doing good through out the whole city of Los Angeles, the department hasn't really gave it a direct place to patrol

Man that's awsome!! Even tho I don't live anywhere near where you 2 guys live, I still think That's awsome, for a LEO to give you some great advice!!
:beer:

kylez28

Established Member
I know street racing is illegal. I also know it isn't dangerous at 2 a.m. on an open road..maybe a danger to myself, but thats my own business...I also hate that shit when cops ag you on to street race then pull you over. This country is supposedly free where u can do anything you want, you just have to pay the consequences. Isn't that how every country is? I'm in a lose/lose battle here, but it's just my opinion... :pop:

cobravenom39

Ballz to the wallz
Established Member
I just think its Ironic that the LEOs on this site drive cars that can go close to 4 times the legal speed limit. You can't do anything that's not illegal in a Terminator.

RoadZOmbie

Established Member
kylez28 said:
I know street racing is illegal. I also know it isn't dangerous at 2 a.m. on an open road..maybe a danger to myself, but thats my own business...I also hate that shit when cops ag you on to street race then pull you over. This country is supposedly free where u can do anything you want, you just have to pay the consequences. Isn't that how every country is? I'm in a lose/lose battle here, but it's just my opinion... :pop:

yeah might not be dangerous at 2 in the morning...until somebody gets hurt.....it always has to take someones life for people to open their eyes....it shouldn't be that way.....hell I used to street race and fell into everytrap that was there waiting for me...and thankfully I learned from my mistakes....street racing is not good to do....ANYWHERE....ANYTIME....ANYPLACE....I dont wanna go into the freedom stuff cause then I wont shutup.....you can go out into the streets but be prepared to face reality....just some of my thoughts

9A Pilot

durability tester
Established Member
Okay...There is a thing called "officer's discretion"..He applied ''the reasonable man'' theory...
He does so at his own risk.I remember they had street races in Jacksonville,FL on the north side at the former Imeson airport..It was huge.Hundreds of people would come out on Sunday afternoon...All kinds of cars would show up,including back-halved pro (9's & quicker)street cars..Uniformed officers would even show up to watch...They figured that since they were off the main road,everything was OK..
Well one day..A really fast Nova lost control going over uneven spot of deteriorating runway..He hit a group of spectator's cars & killed a 2 year old boy..
The officers lost their jobs & might have been sued..
It was pretty bad.

RoadZOmbie

Established Member
9A Pilot said:
Okay...There is a thing called "officer's discretion"..He applied ''the reasonable man'' theory...
He does so at his own risk.I remember they had street races in Jacksonville,FL on the north side at the former Imeson airport..It was huge.Hundreds of people would come out on Sunday afternoon...All kinds of cars would show up,including back-halved pro (9's & quicker)street cars..Uniformed officers would even show up to watch...They figured that since they were off the main road,everything was OK..
Well one day..A really fast Nova lost control going over uneven spot of deteriorating runway..He hit a group of spectator's cars & killed a 2 year old boy..
The officers lost their jobs & might have been sued..
It was pretty bad.

wow...thats not cool at all

kylez28

Established Member
I am not saying that it isn't dangerous to race, but with no spectators and nobody around besides you and your friend, you're just as likely something happen on the interstate doing 75-80, except there are more people around. When I race I only go to a certain point, because I don't want to die doing 130 mph with a car right next to me. I do however max my car out at about 150ish on an open road when i'm alone coming back from work at 2 a.m. every once in a while. Street racing with spectators is very, very stupid and I would never attempt it. Spectators are definately for the drag strip, along with very fast cars like the 9 second ones mentioned above. Although I do not believe it is wrong to fool around with a friend doing some roll races and such out in the country just for the fun of it.

I do not however like races in cities in traffic, that is just asking for either a ticket or an accident. I have only raced a few times in the city, and it was late night, and from a stop light and I only got up to the speed of about 50-55 in a 45 mph zone, and then cut it down. I have also been guilty of a few roll races, but I usually slow down in a non-populated area and do it from about a 25 mph roll til about 50ish, to try to not put anyone in danger. My dad was actually hurt pretty bad in a street racing accident, he was a passenger in a car that was racing, and someone pulled out in front of them when they were doing 70 mph.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread