street racing vid from chicago

95S/Ccobra

Established Member
the car that launches hard is a 96-98 cobra the car on the left 2 cars up is an 03 cobra if you look at the gauges when there sitting there waiting to go you can see the tach go to about 4 grand but only the numbers are lit up in green doesn't the 03 cobra gauges face light up in green and the numbers are black?? not trying to be an ass about it just that everyone has the cars backwards

Last edited:

dhg1667

Established Member
I am good freinds with the kid that filmed this video. The cobra is a 97. He ran him with his TA. and lost by a car length or 2. Funny how I see this now, this vid is old.

Last edited:

sick88lx

Established Member
It's ovious that the one on the right is the GT and the one on the left is the 03 Cobra they are in the same position as they were when he was checkin tire pressure only from a frontal angle. And there is no way that the 03 Cobra launched like that on the street with a drag radial or regular tire. It's obvious that the launch was from a car on slicks since it bit so hard and he pracically caught him on the launch.

Nice try with the editing though.

03CobraRed

Established Member
I know who made this video as well. The guy who made it goes by Jucin on ChitownRacing.com. He races a lot and is very good at what he does with his T/A . He asks me to race every time I see him!

NITMARE

Established Member
Originally posted by sick88lx
It's ovious that the one on the right is the GT and the one on the left is the 03 Cobra they are in the same position as they were when he was checkin tire pressure only from a frontal angle. And there is no way that the 03 Cobra launched like that on the street with a drag radial or regular tire. It's obvious that the launch was from a car on slicks since it bit so hard and he pracically caught him on the launch.

Nice try with the editing though.
I am not sure what you mean by there is no way the 03 would launch like that on a drag radial. With the 03's more dialed in IRS and a set of nittos at about 15 psi you could do that all day.

Users who are viewing this thread