Street Racing Charge... help

01silverstang

Established Member
So guys I need some help. Last night I followed some friends to a location outside of Kansas City because apparently the LS1tech.com car that was supposed to race on Pinks was going to be there. I figured they knew people in this area and were having the trailer parked there till this morning when they would leave for Chicago.

Once we got to this spot I knew things were bad, there were aproximately 50 cars and they getting ready to race. I quickly checked out the LS1tech car so the trip wouldn't be for nothing and then got in my car to leave. As I was driving out of the area doing aprox. 50 in a 45, as ricer buzzed past me on the left doing much faster and then dived on his brakes and got behind me. I kept driving as police lights turned on and followed us. I figured he was pulling out to stop the ricer, well he didnt. He made the ricer pull over and then went past and stopped me.

He asked for just my license and proof of insurance. Told me I went out there all the time and street raced all the time. I told him I did not and the reason I came, so he goes back to run my information. He then comes up since I'm not in my home county and tells me its up to my home county on what to do with me. He also tells me he knows me, and that I'm a baseball player he has stopped for drunk driving.... I dont play baseball and have never had a DUI. I wait for aprox. 30 min. when a police officer from my county shows up he laughs as certain points like this is funny to him and takes down my information. They both say the citation is drag racing and speeding and that I will get the citation (or charges) by mail.....

What do you think I should do, does this sound legit to you, I'm really confused about this whole thing!

Last edited:

01silverstang

Established Member
Has anybody had anything like this happen to them? LEO's is not giving a citation right then normal... what about not asking for registration? Please any feedback would be greatly appreciated!!!

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
If you were pulled over by an officer from the same county you were in, he would write the ticket. If you didnt commit the offense in the county you are from, it is not likely an officer from that county will issue a ticket. It sounds off. I would bet you wont be seeing a ticket in the mail, especially not for racing.

01silverstang

Established Member
What is appears to be is this in hindsight... I don't think the officer that pulled me over was within his jusrisdiction, so he called an officer from my county to come so he would have jurisdiction. The fact that neither officer wrote me a citation last night makes me think it probably won't happen. The officer who pulled me over he stated when talking to me, he "assumed" we were racing that he didn't see it, but based on the speed he clocked on his radar (which was the ricer not me) he assumed we were racing.... he even tried to bait me by asking if I won my race to which I responded I was not racing. I think I'm going to schedule a meeting with the county attorney, even though I don't think they have nearly enough evidence to prosecute...

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
01silverstang said:
I think I'm going to schedule a meeting with the county attorney, even though I don't think they have nearly enough evidence to prosecute...

Without a ticket (charge) in hand, what are you going to use as your pretense for a meeting? What and see if you happen to get an actual ticket before calling attention to yourself.

01silverstang

Established Member
I will take your advice... I mean I just don't understand, if he was out of jurisdiction and called an officer from that county and I was in the wrong, wouldn't the sheriff's deputy just written me citations right there? Why would I not be given anything and just told to go home and that it would be mailed??

01silverstang

Established Member
Me too... because I don't have the money to fight all this when I wasnt racing. I'm just really nervous that I'm going to get some shit in the mail and have to go to court. I also think its BS that he didn't see a race that didn't happen and wants to act like I was street racing, or that the car was right next to me as it slammed on the brakes and that his radar probably tagged that car...

01silverstang

Established Member
Any LEO's ever done anything like this or could explain what might be happening or why no citation was given.... I'm nervous as hell!

ByeOfficer

Fast cop in FL
Established Member
No ticket,,,,,,,no worries.

I have "issues" w/the traffic stop of you though. If he didn't see ya racing what did he stop ya for. I'm pretty sure he saw the ricer flying by and when he see's you he "assumed" you guys were racing. I think I'm right cause he didn't give ya a ticket and in his own mind he knew it would be the wrong ticket to write.

Users who are viewing this thread