Street duty

johnh

Established Member
Well I decided I can't cut the Cobra anymore and decided to build another car. So that means the Cobra is going back to street duty. No more anti roll bar, no solid rear suspension, no more C4 and no more 17" cheater slicks.

The best thing is having a five speed again, tail pipes and driving more then 100 miles per year. Can't wait to hear flow masters again.:banana:

2181561_16_full.jpg

Last edited:

t66turbo

Car Designer in Training
Established Member
whats your set up? Under the hood look sweet; theres nothing like a good turbo car

johnh

Established Member
whats your set up? Under the hood look sweet; theres nothing like a good turbo car

Rebuilt shortblock
Crane 2031 cam
Edelbrock performer heads 1.94/1.6 CNC'd
FMS 1.72 rockers
Chinese hot side passenger mount MPT-70 w/ on center .96AR exhaust
Turbonectics EVO wastegate
Tial 50mm BOV
Holley intake
3" intercooler
42 lbs injectors
3" PMAS blowthrough

I never enjoyed driving the car on the street with the turbo. It was way to torquey like a diesel manual. For power though you can't beat it.

t66turbo

Car Designer in Training
Established Member
I love the power my Turbo 93 Cobra makes compared to Supercharged 2000 gt I sold..

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
After two turbo 93's, I couldn't imagine going to anything else. I've had Powerdynes, Vortechs, and everything else, but that turbo power is unbeatable.

I planned to leave my current 93 mostly stock, but the turbo 5.0 bug is getting to me, and I know me better than to leave it stock. After my 03 is finished I may start on the 93 once again.

johnh

Established Member
I love the turbo but I love driving the car more. I plan on putting some miles on the car this year. I don't want to worry about head gaskets and did I really put in a good batch of 93 oct. I'm looking for 325rwhp and maybe alittle gas for 500hp.

MillCreekMafia

Established Member
seems a lot of people are getting rid of their turbo's. I however won't be one of those guys :) I just got my boost controller hooked up on the past 2 nice days we had here. I just turned it up from 7psi to 10psi until the weather breaks again so i can get some time to play with my pms and add more boost and set the timing where i want it. I'm looking for my first ever 10 second pass this summer with any luck. :)

johnh

Established Member
seems a lot of people are getting rid of their turbo's. I however won't be one of those guys :) I just got my boost controller hooked up on the past 2 nice days we had here. I just turned it up from 7psi to 10psi until the weather breaks again so i can get some time to play with my pms and add more boost and set the timing where i want it. I'm looking for my first ever 10 second pass this summer with any luck. :)

That's the problem, it's so easy to go from 7 to 10 then 12 then 15. It's really difficult to control yourself when all you do is turn a knob for more power. I'm keeping the turbo kit it's just going on a 86 coupe that weighs 500lbs less. The cobra is going back to what I bought it for. To cruise in style...

johnh

Established Member
how much did you setup make johnh?

I don't have any recent numbers. When I was completely stock at 10psi it had 440rwhp and 532rwtq spinning on the dyno.

The only track pass I had was a 10.70 shutting off at 3/4 track because a vacuum plug blew off.

I spent more time building the car last year then driving it.

2181561_18_full.jpg

Last edited:

MillCreekMafia

Established Member
LOL damn i was gonna say.... you went 10.7 at 123 i feel bad lol i only went 11.7 at 123 on 7psi :( 13* timing though.... I know what you guys are saying though. I hope that 10 comes easy, but my car is street duty also and I have no desire to get too nuts.. Just would like to see a 10, 100mph in the 1/8 and 130 in the 1/4 if that's a close number when i get the other 2.

Users who are viewing this thread