Strano Suspenion Package Installed

TheCPE

Skeptic
Established Member
After doing research for a while it seemed that the most popular setup with best reviews for suspension was the koni str.t and steeda springs setup that Strano recommends and sells.

So that is what I did, the Handling Package 1 (sport springs) and gt500 strut mounts. I didn't get a panhard and it looks like I might not need it, the rear looks nearly perfect, I'll have to take a measurement with a plum bob to make sure. You can tell looking at the front wheels that the camber was affected. I'll probably give it a few weeks and then see about an alignment.

It rides great! Can definitely tell it is stiffer, much less nose dive on braking and less rise on acceleration. And the appearance benefits are great too!

Big thanks to MYGT8U for the help with the install. Took around 2.5 hours with a lift. More than likely doing it on a second 5.0, probably would only take 1.5 hours.

I measured from fender to the ground before install and was around 29 - 29.25 inches. After the measurement looks to be about 28 - 28.25 which is right around the expected 1 inch drop. The rear dropped slightly more.

Here are the pics, car is really dirty, ignore that!

BEFORE:
beforekonia.jpg

AFTER:
afterkonib.jpg

:rolling:

MyGT8U

Established Member
Looks great and hopefully i can afford some springs soon too :)

As a side note it is definatly worth buying the GT500 Strut Mounts... the stock ones were crap!!!

TheCPE

Skeptic
Established Member
Cleaned it up and took a few more pictures to show off the new stance!

cleankonib.jpg

cleankonia.jpg

cleankonic.jpg

TTA89

Established Member
You think those 1st pictures are dirty? :??::??:

Haha... You see my daily driven black GT/CS if you want to see dirty. It hasn't been washed since October of last year. Well, it has been sprayed off a couple times this winter.

Looks good, any noises?

TheCPE

Skeptic
Established Member
Looks good, any noises?

Nope, no noises. Very good ride and aside from eliminating some of the excessive roll, nose dive, and rise it rides very similar to stock.

Going from a G35 to this, the first few weeks of driving my mustang I was very aware of the nose dive, and body roll in turns. I'd say it now rides much closer to how my G35 was stock.

If you aren't looking for the slammed look, this setup is very good!

t-ray

Established Member
Nope, no noises. Very good ride and aside from eliminating some of the excessive roll, nose dive, and rise it rides very similar to stock.

Going from a G35 to this, the first few weeks of driving my mustang I was very aware of the nose dive, and body roll in turns. I'd say it now rides much closer to how my G35 was stock.

If you aren't looking for the slammed look, this setup is very good!

What kind of g35 did you drive? Were you over on g35driver? If so what username?

Skrapmetal

Established Member
Strano really is a good guy. When I ordered my stuff he called and we talked shop for a good 10 or 15 minutes, and he didn't try to sell me a thing. Just gave advice and answered questions.

I picked up the same shock/spring package... I'd already picked up the adjustable panhard as well as LCA's without knowing whether or not I will need them.

Hoping to get everything on soon.

TheCPE

Skeptic
Established Member
Strano really is a good guy. When I ordered my stuff he called and we talked shop for a good 10 or 15 minutes, and he didn't try to sell me a thing. Just gave advice and answered questions.

Yep!

I had a bunch of questions for him and he answered them all and provided more than just a short answer and didn't try to sell me anything and definitely seemed genuinely interested in making sure the customer was happy.

And the setup seems like a great combo, rides great!

Users who are viewing this thread