Strangest food you have eaten?

tommyhil4_6

Buh Bye
Had this conversation with some of my Asian/Filipino friends and I LOVE Andrew Zimmern's Bizzarre foods...

What's the strangest food you have eaten? My filipino friend said meatloaf is wierd to him, but he loves Balut (sp), which is wierd as hell to me lol!

I have had kangaroo, bison (Awesome), alligator and snake!

astrodudepsu

1of72 Hater
Established Member
Had this conversation with some of my Asian/Filipino friends and I LOVE Andrew Zimmern's Bizzarre foods...

What's the strangest food you have eaten? My filipino friend said meatloaf is wierd to him, but he loves Balut (sp), which is wierd as hell to me lol!

I have had kangaroo, bison (Awesome), alligator and snake!

balut sounds really gross. i work with ex-AF guys that used to be stationed over in that region. Nothing about an aborted duck egg buried in sand for 40 days sounds appealing. Neither does the steamed version.

homer302

Banned
Gator, frog legs and Rattlesnake at a restaraunt on the South Carolina - Ga border.

EDIT...it was somewhat close to Augusta.

JasonSnake

Established Member
Mussel, and I was forced to eat it. I'm not big on seafood unless it's shrimp but that's as far as I go.

Grizzly Adams

Resident Hippie
Established Member
I eat eels fairly regularly, but being from the coast I have eaten just about any sea food you can think of from Abalone to candlefish. Cow tongue when I was young. Those aren't really weird though.

Filipino food is by far the strangest though, some of that stuff I wouldn't want to try in the least.

Last edited:

astrocreep96

Inevitable
Established Member
Premium Member
Menudo. I'm not a fan.

Piranha, wild pig, catfish, and weird jungle fruit all while I was in Peru. Not too bad.

firemanmike

FIREMANMIKE
Established Member
I ate some crap in China that to this day I still don't know what it was!!! I don't eat a lot of seafood, so one night I was taken out to dinner by a government official. My translator told him I did not eat seafood, so he ordered "special fish" for the table. I passed on it, but one of my buddies was eating it...until he tried picking up a piece of it, moved it a little and saw the claws!!! It was an F'N alligator!!! Special fish my ass!!! And in Guangzho (what used to be Canton) they'll eat (and I quote) "Everything with legs except a tale and anything that flies except a plane". I treid eating pork or beef where ever we went, but they cut it so every piece has some skin, fat and a small piece of flesh. Chinese like that gummy stringy crap. What to lose some weight??? Go to China for a month!!!

firemanmike

FIREMANMIKE
Established Member
I eat eels fairly regularly, but being from the coast I have eaten just about any sea food you can think of from Abalone to candlefish. Cow tongue when I was young. Those aren't really weird though.

Filipino food is by far the strangest though, some of that stuff I wouldn't want to try in the least.

I go to Puerto Rico pretty often. One of my freind likes eels and we go to this place where they offer baby eels. I sware, it looks like speghetti. Shit smells vile too!!! But he slurps them down like they were candy. None for me, thanks!!!:xpl::xpl::xpl:

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
Armadillo, rattlesnake & alligator, all of which tastes just like chicken. Fried pig's brain, which was pretty good. Octopus is fantastic, it's like lobster without the hassle of the shell. Conch is great, but it's a major pain to prepare correctly, and if you don't prepare it right, it is horrible. And countless tons of calamari.

Bison, venison, and horse. Horse is pretty good, like a really fine, tender steak. Swordfish, which is awesome, as long as you don't over-cook it.

I have also had pickled pig's feet, and it is horrible. Some swear by it, they call it "heaven on a hoof." I guess it's just me. Pickled balogna. Pickled venison. All of it is horrible.

I'm never going to try Limburger cheese, just on general priniciples. Anything that smells like that, well, I'd rather starve. And I mean it. I have gone a week without food, once, and I know what hunger is like. I would rather starve.

Jim Snover

S197man

Established Member
Armadillo, rattlesnake & alligator, all of which tastes just like chicken. Fried pig's brain, which was pretty good. Octopus is fantastic, it's like lobster without the hassle of the shell. Conch is great, but it's a major pain to prepare correctly, and if you don't prepare it right, it is horrible. And countless tons of calamari.

Bison, venison, and horse. Horse is pretty good, like a really fine, tender steak. Swordfish, which is awesome, as long as you don't over-cook it.

I have also had pickled pig's feet, and it is horrible. Some swear by it, they call it "heaven on a hoof." I guess it's just me. Pickled balogna. Pickled venison. All of it is horrible.

I'm never going to try Limburger cheese, just on general priniciples. Anything that smells like that, well, I'd rather starve. And I mean it. I have gone a week without food, once, and I know what hunger is like. I would rather starve.

Jim Snover

WTF You've eaten HORSE?

homer302

Banned
WTF You've eaten HORSE?

Holy Crap. I read that like an hour ago but didn't catch that. Horse? No way I am eatin horse unless I am on death's door. These guys may act like they wouldn't do it and I wouldn't either.....unless I was starvin. You'll eat some shit when you're starvin.

Blade Runner

Texas; We'll kick ur ass!
Established Member
Sushi, Black Bear, Calamari, Alpo moist dog food (Don't ask....lol) and Kangaroo when Jack in the Box was serving 'Roo burgers and telling people it was beef....

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
If its had a soul I've eaten it. I try to try anything once in my life.

Balut is one thing I just can't bring myself to eat. One day my friend back home is gonna get me to eat it though.

TrueBlueGT

is impressed!
Established Member
ate a milkbone one time when I was drunk. Buddy bet a $50 spot that nobody'd do it. I had enough alcohol in me to kill anything as well as make me 3/4 retarded.

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
for anyone looking to try some dog, i've got two dogs i'm looking to get rid of.

Users who are viewing this thread