strangest excuse

jay38372

Established Member
I thought lets try something light hearted here and hear strangest excuses used to buy the 13/14 shelby gt500.

I myself bought the car and am picking it up on thursday and ummmm still trying to come upwith one, so lets hear them heck i might even use one lol.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'm very confused as to what this thread is?

I'm thinking that you want everyone to list the excuse they made in order to purchase the car, or OK it with the significant other or themselves?

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
Wife: Hunny, why do you need a car with 662 HP??

Me: I don't need it.....I want it damn it and its my money!

Yea that was it :shrug:

440sprint

Established Member
New, American made, 662 hp, 631 f-p tq, 7k redline, back seat, trunk, manual trans & only $55k base w/no guzzler tax! Nothing else comparable has ever existed & probably never will again!

huggytree

Established Member
i didnt make an excuse....but i did ask her what she wanted in return.....

and all she could come up with was a Kindle Fire

'sure honey spend $65k all i want is a $400 Kindle'...my wife is great

ToltecWarrior

Banishing Self-Importance
Established Member
For me, it was simple math. The equation looked like this:

Primary residence paid for

plus

Landscaping and hardscape paid for

plus

Kitchen upgrade paid for

plus

2 undergraduate college educations paid for

plus

1 graduate school education budgeted for

equals

2013 Shelby GT500

Myfast70

Established Member
For me it was easy. I wanted and sold another car to get it, wife said yes. I decided not to get and wife said I better get it. Now it's parked in my garage :coolman:

Damn, I've got an awesome wife :rockon: :dancenana:

jay38372

Established Member
Damn you guys have great wives, I was telling my plumber about me buying the car and his reply was ummmm when you tell your wife you better hide that gun you own and remove the tie your wearing too lol.

USV8PWR

Established Member
I have two reasons...well one reason and one excuse.

First the excuse...I really, really wanted to order a brand new Corvette ZR1. But it was going to take all of my savings and strap me for 6 years. Although the Fiance supported whatever decision I made, I decided I would have to buy a used low mileage ZR1.

Now the reason...both my Fiance and my two Sisters reminded me that my father had a 1967 Shelby GT500 that he purchased aquired in 1970 and had to let go in 1982 when I was about 5 years old. He's never had anything nice since and still works full time at the age of 62 as an electrician. After hearing about the new Shelby GT500, and talking with my Fiance, I quickly decided not to pursue the ZR1. Instead I decided to order a Shelby in the colors my Father would want and surprise him when I took delivery of it. And surprised he was! The day, November 3, 2012, will go down as one of the all time best days of my life. After 30 years, I finally got our family's car back.

At the end of the day I realized I had the rest of my life to buy any used ZR1, but I only had one Father (who also happens to be my hero) and a very small window to custom order a brand new, fully loaded 2013 Shelby GT500. Cheers! :beer:

Last edited:

king Abdull

Established Member
I love to have the new Boss and I must

I got the the GT500 .. But now I'm aiming to get the new 302 Boss .. And i already bought it :D
Now what the Hell should I say if the car shows up.. Hmmm
1. My GT500 is too fast ..
2. It's not everyday driving car
3. The weather is gonna be beyond 63c in the summer I need a N/A car and keeping it stock
4. Ok honey I'll choose something not :pepper: Red this time .. Maybe :banana: yellow .. Take a look at it and what you think ..:kaboom: YeP I love you too. .. Here goes the light off, Good Night everybody .

Last edited:

T3RMIN8TOR

Established Member
I had a 2012 Jeep SRT8 for 15 months. The SRT8 had a ARH full exhaust including headers, CAI, Eibach Springs, chrome delete, powder coated wheels, upgraded stereo, catch can, amongst a few other mods. I waited patiently for a super charger kit. All the manufacturers said "not yet, try back in a month" After several months I decided to pursue the GT500. After finding one at a local dealer, I told my wife the Jeeps was too slow, and I'm tired of waiting for a S/C. I said this GT500 is all I need, It comes supercharged and I wouldn't have to mod it. After taking the car home, the mod bug struck again. Since then, I installed a JLT CF CAI, FR CJ TB, Lund Tune, Steeda Springs, Panhard Bar, Corsa Axle Back with X Pipe and 20% Ceramic Tints. She's good about it, but wants renovations on our house completed first before she hears about further mods, like pulleys, gears, headers, and some other goodies.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
No excuse here, just one condition; If anything happens financially, the car goes first and immediately. IE: second baby, job loss, incurable sexually transmitted disease, etc...

bluediamond

13 Shelby aka El Diablo
Established Member
My top 4 excuses:

1-Well since Carroll died, this may be the last GT500..
2-This car is so fast, I will never be fired at work for being late, thus remain employed, thus be able to make our mortgage payments....
3-(if) North Korea attacks the U.S, I have been assured by the salesman at Ford that the Shelby would make an excellent bomb shelter..
4-our neighbor has a Camaro Zl1..... and I don't like him very much..

Users who are viewing this thread