Strange Supercharger Question

davesbedroom

Established Member
My girl is going to be getting a new Monte Carol SS supercharged. I know, I have tried very hard to talk her out of it, but I can't change her mind. I am going to be jelious of her supercharged experiance. I would like the same experiance in my 97 cobra convertible.

My strange questions is that I want to know what the cheapest complete supercharger kit I get get is? I don't want a lot of boost. I want an easy install I can do myself this comming winter. I don't want to blow peoples doors off, I just want some boost I can play with. I want it to be very reliable and not to put any more strain on my motor to shorten its life. I don't want ot have to buy a bunch of other bolt ons, just the super charger. Does such a supercharger exist?

blk96SVT

Established Member
Yeah, you could either check out the classified section on here or at the Corral for a used supercharger. They usually sell the whole kit used but at a decent price. You can also check out superchargersforless.com or superchargersonline.com and have them email you a quote. If you do supercharge your engine you really should have it dyno tuned and get a custom burnt chip. I would suggest going with the Vortech SQ trim for you. You should also give Lidio at Alternative Auto in Michigan a call, he is supposedly the best at tuning Vortech blown Mustangs (www.alternativeauto.com)

juiced96snake

BOSS 2511
Established Member
Vortech kit comes with everything you need blower, FMU, pump, wiring, coupon for a chip burn. As long as you stay close to 8psi you will be fine. Just get a conservative tune of around 11.2-11.5:1 (this is the air fuel ratio). Sure you could get more out of it buy running it a little leaner but you run the very real risk of engine damage. I have found the vortech kit as low as 3200 brand new. 1500 used...

Wylde Horses

4.56 gear advocate
Established Member
With the proper n/a mods, you could run just as fast as a supercharged car in the 1/4, let alone stoplight to stoplight, if that is what you are after...

Users who are viewing this thread