strange sound???? anyone have any idea?

Pipe_Dreams

Established Member
Its a pretty loud "HHHMMMMM....." type of noise. like huming? Only happens at low RPMS, then goes away if RPMS are over 2Gs. Mostly happening when i first start her up, or when its cold and even when i turn the wheels pretty sharp when i'm parking. Anyone heard this before?

Primalzer1998

Established Member
For the SVT, or a car equipped with the SVT intake, the optimum hole size in the plug seems to be 3/16" or 7/32". For the stock intake, the best size seems to be 15/64". There are reports that the plug causes newer SVT's (E1) to lose power in mid-range RPM's, perhaps due to the newer IAC valves? The addition of the throttle hange restrictor plug has been reported to also fix the Mr. Moose (see related section on this page) issue without using the Ford Moose "bagpipe tube/hoses."

So I'm pretty sure I have the "moosing". Whenever the car is revved above like 3500 it makes this extrememly loud humming/buzzing noise the RPM's drop very slowly and the car ends up stalling. Would this be moosing, or something worse... So if I did have the moosing the above quote would pretain to me and how I would solve this correct?

-Jon

Pipe_Dreams

Established Member
now what...

Okay, so what how bad of a problem is this. besides the annoying sound. i'm planning a 1800 mile road trip to vegas in the next couple weeks, is this gonna slow me down you think?

beyondloadedSE

Established Member
Pipe_Dreams said:
Okay, so what how bad of a problem is this. besides the annoying sound. i'm planning a 1800 mile road trip to vegas in the next couple weeks, is this gonna slow me down you think?

No problem at all.

Users who are viewing this thread