strange problem

cajun cobra

Established Member
Well I just finished installing my supercharger tb and pl after having them ported by Posi.:burnout::burnout: The car runs perfect except for one small thing. I noticed that the throttle feels kinda sticky or grabby and takes a little more initial pressure when taking off from idle. Now for the strange part, as soon as I turn the engine off all the extra tension and grabbiness is gone. Anybody have any idea what can be causing this. Did I miss something when putting everthing back on? What could be causing this? :shrug:

Thanks

Evil Bender

Rabid Roadie
Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
I dont know what caused it but mine felt the same way after porting,I added a small return sping to it,problem solved.

cajun cobra

Established Member
Well its not that the throttle is sticking in a certain position or anything. It returns and idles perfect after stepping on the gas pedal. Its just the initial push on the gas pedal is harder than before the port and also feels notchy now.
But as soon as the car is turned off the throttle is smooth and easy to push.

wjurls

More money than brains
Established Member
Engine vacuum is giving you resistance when the throttle valve is closed. Once you get it open it breaks that suction. Now why it is doing it to you I havn't a clue but I recall people having a similar issue with the Billetflow TB's

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
What kind of TB do you have? Just make sure nothing is binding the Throttle linkage...funny thing is after my KB install, I had the exact opposite effect where it's extremely jumpy...

cajun cobra

Established Member
I have a stock TB which has just been ported. I accidently broke one of the nipples on the boost by pass valve and used some rtv to seal until I get a new one. If I'm correct isn't the boost by pass valve supposed to remain open during idle and normal driving? If it is staying closed would't this cause a positive pressure on the back side of the throttle blades making them hard to open? This is just a shot in the dark but I'm running out of possibilities.

Users who are viewing this thread