Strange Noise HELP

19ClearCobra96

Established Member
after I installed my headers I started to get this kinda like a chirping noise, and I just thought the header was rubbing on the frame, so I tried to fix that and it still does it. Just lately it started to get really bad, has anyone else had this noise? Can someone help me.Click Here

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
sounds valvetrain related.
unhook the electrical connector for the number 4 cylinder (rear passenger side) and see if it goes away.

97cobraheaven

Established Member
i agree with QUAD, that is a nasty sound for sure. QUAD, when you say unhook the electrical connector, do you mean spark plug? and why would unhooking this make it go away?

Quadcammer

Established Member
no, im a tard, i meant the electrical connector for the number 4 fuel injector.

If its bottom end, not having combustion in that cylinder will basically just have the number 4 rod/piston going along for a ride. Since it won't be stressed, the noise will get much less noticeable.

btw, maybe its the camera but it sounds more like a clacking then a chirping.

Quadcammer

Established Member
piston slap usually only occurs when a car is cold. Hyper pistons run an extremely tight piston to wall clearance because they don't expand practically at all. Piston slap just doesn't appear all of a sudden.

pull the fuel injector harness for 3 and 4 one at a time and see if the noise gets quieter.

Also, let the car cool off and check your oil level please.

Users who are viewing this thread