strange leak...not fuel or oil

venomous_svt

badmfcobra
Established Member
I have a very strange leak coming from my cobra. It is coming from right behind the passenger side header from the firewall. There is what seems to be a plug or missing hose or something. It has a grommet around it and looks gray. I have never seen this opening.( In a very odd place.) When I opened the hood there was water all over. So I dont know what is wrong or what is suppose to be there. I might have bumped it while adjusting my new x pipe cause its near the flange.(had a minor leak at high rpm.) So I was wondering if somebody knew what it was or has pictures so I can see what i need to fix. it looks/smell like water....no smell or viscosity. It makes a weird noise then ejects water as it was under pressure. possibly something to with a.c system. Some of it was cold. Please help.

wythors

Needs a bigger garage
Established Member
It's just condensation from the AC evaporator. All cars do that. BTW, the AC system is always in operation when the defroster is on, so it will happen even in winter.

Slow mustang :(
Established Member
haha..

Like JaCobra said, it is the AC condensation weep hole.

When you run your AC, that hole weeps out water caused by condensation

No worries man.

venomous_svt

badmfcobra
Established Member
I kinda figured that is what it was. I am aware of the condensation drain, i thought that was it, but wasnt for sure of the location. Never really had to know. I was more concerned by the amount of fluid and the noise, then anything.

It has never happened before to this extent that I am aware of, I was banging the X-pipe around to get it into place earlier today. That is what prompted my post/concern....thanks for the replies all.

Users who are viewing this thread