Strange FPDC

PSD_

Established Member
I am having a strange issue with my fpdc. Sometimes when I start the car it will be at 30% with a wot of 88%. Other days it will be 40% at idle with 100% at wot. The numbers are always either one or the other. Taking the readings from an aeroforce interceptor. I am not showing any signs of leaning out at 100% fpdc according to my afr gauge (11.5 wot). Still makes me nervous. Any help is greatly appreciated. Car mods are as follows-

03 cobra with 16,000 miles
2.3 whipple
60# injectors
BAP
Intake and exhaust
2400 maf
Ported stock throttle body
Dyno'd 540/520 at Alternative Auto by lido

01yellercobra

Established Member
Check the alternator. I had an issue with one when it got hot it would give me weird FPDC. I think the voltage was low. Swapped to a better alternator and didn't see the issue again.

PSD_

Established Member
I thought about that but my voltage hangs around 13.6-14. Could this have anything to do with the pprv?

Last edited:

01yellercobra

Established Member
No, the PPRV won't cause this. Are you still running stock pumps? Your BAP could be dying.

BLOWN9646

E85 COBRA
Established Member
What plugs and how long since you changed them? Could be a dying pump, maybe time to upgrade and retune with more boost.

01yellercobra

Established Member
Yes, they are stock pumps. BAP is on the switch turned up the whole way.
Just because itself turned up doesn't mean it isn't acting up. Given the age of the pumps it might not be a bad idea to look into GT pumps.

PSD_

Established Member
I just wanted to update you guys that I found the problem. It was a faulty bap switch. I connected the wires together and now my fpdc is only 80% wot.

03 Metallic Silver Cobra #7124

Users who are viewing this thread