Strange Creaking Feeling in Pedals and trouble shifting... something loose?

silvercoffin

Established Member
For years I have been trying to figure out why my car will not shift correctly. I even bought a new RPM trans years ago thinking my original tranny was messed up. I have had several clutches installed as well. The car shifts sloppy on the street at random times and gears, but at the track at high rpms I cant get through the gears. USed to run 11s and now I cant get down the track at all.

I have noticed a strange creaking feeling the pedals when ever I pull out of a parking spot or drive way in reverse and turn the car. It feels like something is shifting under the car. I have started to wonder if something could be lose uner the car that would cause shifting problems. My wife thought something went flying off the bottom of my car years ago following me home from a shop. I checked and figured it was just some rubber, but now IM wondering..

ANy ideas?

broken Engine mounts??? But I have no bad vibrations but figure Ill get them checked.

Transmission mounts should be fine since I had the new trans put in.

What else can I check? Subframe bolts?. could one be missing?.. anything else that could cause the car to twist and misaligned the trans enough to cause shifting issues..

EVERYTHING else has been checked by the guys at JDM. The clutch adjuster is adjusted properly and I have a new shifter... tried a few just to see..

I am using a SPec clutch which I dont like and think I will go back to a FMS clutch because the slip from that clutch was perfect at the track. 1.6 60fts

Could something with the clutch or flywheel cause intermittent random shifting problems?

What could be loose under the car that would cause this creaking feeling in the pedals and possibly shifting issues at high rpms?

Users who are viewing this thread