StormtrooperFRC's Twin Turbo C5 Pics

dirty89LX

Established Member
Took some video too, really just cruising. I'll get that posted within the next few days. Gonna need a faster camera car! (I'm rockin' a 4-cylinder)

edit, added:

and I posted this a few weeks back, but:

tt_frc.jpg

Last edited:

Cocoloco

BEEP BEEP...ROAD RAGE!!!
Established Member
I love that FRC!!! Hey...You never got back to me about his NACA ducts?

StormTrooperFRC

Chaos Vette
Established Member
Hey guys, thanks for the compliments. Thanks for posting dirty. I just responded to dirty about the ducts, they are from www.pegasusautoracing.com

I will tell you the finish quality isn't all that great, I had to do some finishing work to them. I found some better ones, after I had already ordered these. I didn't care though, my setup is for function,..not some much bling, ya know what I mean?... I think dirty found several companies out there that he
ll point you in the direction to.

The wheels, are fikse 18x10.5 and 18x12.5 295 fronts, 335 rears, on coilovers. The wheel is a fikse PROFILE 5s. Had to mini tub the car to make them fit, which I did myself. Kinda nutty feeling cutting your wheel wells out.

Anyways fella's, thanks again, I appreciate it.

Cocoloco

BEEP BEEP...ROAD RAGE!!!
Established Member
Hey guys, thanks for the compliments. Thanks for posting dirty. I just responded to dirty about the ducts, they are from www.pegasusautoracing.com

I will tell you the finish quality isn't all that great, I had to do some finishing work to them. I found some better ones, after I had already ordered these. I didn't care though, my setup is for function,..not some much bling, ya know what I mean?... I think dirty found several companies out there that he
ll point you in the direction to.

The wheels, are fikse 18x10.5 and 18x12.5 295 fronts, 335 rears, on coilovers. The wheel is a fikse PROFILE 5s. Had to mini tub the car to make them fit, which I did myself. Kinda nutty feeling cutting your wheel wells out.

Anyways fella's, thanks again, I appreciate it.

Thank You sir....I found some carbon fiber NACA ducts,but I liked the way
your's had the hook-up for the hoses.

The C5Z is a favorite of mine that I would love to own!

I went to the LS1 site you belong to....to check out your complete
build-up.Gotta love it!!!

I would love to see your Z in person:beer:

StormTrooperFRC

Chaos Vette
Established Member
Thank You sir....I found some carbon fiber NACA ducts,but I liked the way
your's had the hook-up for the hoses.

The C5Z is a favorite of mine that I would love to own!

I went to the LS1 site you belong to....to check out your complete
build-up.Gotta love it!!!

I would love to see your Z in person:beer:

Thanks for reading/viewing it man. Like dirty says,..it's not a Z. Just a simple ol Fixed Roof Coupe car. Same body as a Z, yes but,...not one. In 99 they came out with the option, it lasted till 2000,....pretty rare cars,..I think they made 300 in white. 2001 they added some good parts and called it a Z06.

:beer:

CalcVictim

Resident douchenozzle
Established Member
Car looks great, pics 2 and 3 look like they were tone mapped and in a not so favorable way.

RAZRS EDGE

Stay Humble
Established Member
Looks great, bro! Nothing wrong with going with more function over looks. I'm sure it runs hard! Got any track times or dyno #'S?

dirty89LX

Established Member
Car looks great, pics 2 and 3 look like they were tone mapped and in a not so favorable way.

I think you're looking at your sig actually..

Ha! I'm funny..

Shadow/Highlight in Photoshop, just wanted to bring out the wheels and the trees in the background, which were a bit dark. I may re-process these pics.

CalcVictim

Resident douchenozzle
Established Member
I think you're looking at your sig actually..

Ha! I'm funny..

Shadow/Highlight in Photoshop, just wanted to bring out the wheels and the trees in the background, which were a bit dark. I may re-process these pics.

I am not trying to diss you, the shadow/highlight tool does the same thing as tone mapping in a sense because it brings back lost detail. It also lowers the overall contrast of the shot. You posted pictures and I am commenting on them along with the car.

If you are getting butthurt from constructive criticism, just tell people not to comment on your photography. No one wants you to get a bruised ego :beer:

dirty89LX

Established Member
I am not trying to diss you, the shadow/highlight tool does the same thing as tone mapping in a sense because it brings back lost detail. It also lowers the overall contrast of the shot. You posted pictures and I am commenting on them along with the car.

If you are getting butthurt from constructive criticism, just tell people not to comment on your photography. No one wants you to get a bruised ego :beer:

My butt feels fine and I haven't bruised anything. It's all gravy bud.

Users who are viewing this thread