storing pads

96redvette

god my car is slow
Established Member
i have a smp porter cable pad set and i was wondering what is the best way to store the pads between detailing jobs? do you need to wash them out really well with soapy water and let them dry or could you use a ziplock baggie with some polish still on the pad? is it possible to clean out dried on polish out of a pad? these things arent exactly cheap, so i would like to save them as long as i can

SVECobraR

Established Member
I clean them with a 15:1 solution of simple green and hot soapy water, then spin dry and then put them back in the original packaging i got them and their ready for the next weekend. If i need it the next day i leave them outside the packaging.

TheHolyCobra

Widened 10th Wheel Guy...
Established Member
WHATEVER YOU DO, LET THE PADS DRY BEFORE YOU PUT THEM BACK INTO AN AIRTIGHT CONTAINER/BAG.

The pads will grow mold on them if they aren't completely dried out before you put them back into their bags. Just ask me how I know... :cuss: :fm:

THC

trance_in_miami

Established Member
TheHolyCobra said:
WHATEVER YOU DO, LET THE PADS DRY BEFORE YOU PUT THEM BACK INTO AN AIRTIGHT CONTAINER/BAG.

The pads will grow mold on them if they aren't completely dried out before you put them back into their bags. Just ask me how I know... :cuss: :fm:

THC

its true.. I normally wait 2-3 days to let the pads dry.. these things are very porus & water stays in them for a while. So make sure you let them dry well.. :)

Users who are viewing this thread