storage

Poseidon

You want some?
Established Member
Well, winter is upon me, and I now also own a Pontiac Bonneville in addition to my Mustang GT. Obviously, I'm gonna store the Stang for the next 5 months, so I was wondering what you thought I should do to properly do this... I know I need to put it up on blocks so as to avoid ruining the tires... what else? Thanks.

hillie16

Stand Silent in Flames
Established Member
You actually don't have to worry as much about ruining the tires any more, that was more of an issue with the old bias ply tires.

Blown306

Established Member
Make sure you have a full tank of gas, and add some Stabil to it. Remove the battery and store in a place that doesn't freeze, off of the floor. (people have said that a concrete floor drains a battery, it's not entirely true...typically, a concrete floor is colder than it's surroundings, it's the temperature that reduces a batteries capacity, not the type of material it's sitting on). Anyway, throw a trickle charger on it every month (2 amp).

Some people go as far as putting some dehumidifier stuff in the car (a bag of silica beads, you know, that stuff you're not suppost to eat)...but that's only necessary if you are leaving the car sealed up. I store mine with the windows down so moisture is not a problem.

Users who are viewing this thread