Stoptech Big Brake Kit

Cheyne

Established Member
I just got done putting on a Stoptech 355mm Big Brake Kit on my '04 Cobra for WCGT. Stoptech put in 40mm and 34mm pistons and we will use Hawk HT14 pads in the front and Blue's with stock rear calipers and Brembo sloted rotors. I'm also using a Tilton Dual Master setup with 7/10" masters for the front and rear.

IMG_1670.jpg

IMG_1673.jpg

Last edited:

GordsFord

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Very nice brake setup Cheyne! Have you bedded and tried them yet?

In the photo it appears that you may have the QA1 threaded body adjustable shocks? If so have you been running with them and how are they. I am thinking of going that way myself.

Gord Zonailo

GordsFord

Hye

Established Member
wow....that just looks beautiful, congratulations there!

Last edited by a moderator:

USBlueStage2

Established Member
Nice brakes ! Where did you get them ? (and for how much- pm if necessary)
:thumbsup:

Cheyne

Established Member
GordsFord said:
Very nice brake setup Cheyne! Have you bedded and tried them yet?

In the photo it appears that you may have the QA1 threaded body adjustable shocks? If so have you been running with them and how are they. I am thinking of going that way myself.

Gord Zonailo

GordsFord

I haven't had the car on the ground in the last month. Right now we are working on electrical to make the car run again. We are using the SCT Pro Racer package and removing PATS. We also have to rebuild the steering column again with the change to MAC LT Headers.

I'm using MM's Race Valved Bilstien's with the MM CC kit. My entire suspension is from MM. The only two items not from them are the adjustable swaybar endlinks that we made for the front and rear so help adjust preload on the swaybars. I should have more pictures later this week with the carbon bodywork mounted.

Cheyne

ShelbyGuy

Steers With the Throttle
Established Member
Eating a steady diet of government cheese, and liv
do you sell any of what you make? i'm looking for an improved rear antiroll bar end link and brand N isnt making them anymore.

Cheyne said:
I haven't had the car on the ground in the last month. Right now we are working on electrical to make the car run again. We are using the SCT Pro Racer package and removing PATS. We also have to rebuild the steering column again with the change to MAC LT Headers.

I'm using MM's Race Valved Bilstien's with the MM CC kit. My entire suspension is from MM. The only two items not from them are the adjustable swaybar endlinks that we made for the front and rear so help adjust preload on the swaybars. I should have more pictures later this week with the carbon bodywork mounted.

Cheyne

Cheyne

Established Member
ShelbyGuy said:
do you sell any of what you make? i'm looking for an improved rear antiroll bar end link and brand N isnt making them anymore.

We haven't come up with a price, but we will be selling them. Making the end links adjustable last year was one of the biggest improvements that I made to my cars handling. When the factory sets the swaybars up they do it with out a driver. When we set the preload to zero the car wasn't as loose as with the stock setup. It also helped with getting the power down coming off corners.

As for the price/good deal. I deal directly with Stoptech. They have discounts for World Challenge teams. Plus they worked with me on the size of pistons and master cylinder sizes.

Cheyne

Cheyne

Established Member
We are running Toyo Proxex RA-1, which is the spec tire for World Challenge, and the fronts are 305/35/18 and rears are 335/30/18. The rims that I'm using are Kinesis K28's. The fronts are 18x11 and the rears are 18x12 per the spec sheet for the Cobra in WCGT.

Cheyne

UltimateSVT

Steer with the Rear
Established Member
Cheyne said:
We haven't come up with a price, but we will be selling them. Making the end links adjustable last year was one of the biggest improvements that I made to my cars handling. When the factory sets the swaybars up they do it with out a driver. When we set the preload to zero the car wasn't as loose as with the stock setup. It also helped with getting the power down coming off corners.

Cheyne
I'd like a PM on how to purchase them when they are for sale. :burnout:

cito

Official Kumho Shredder
Established Member
Cheyne is the man. It is cool to hear about your grassroots effort into the world of bigtime racing.

Do you have to clearance the front fenders or liners to make those huge wheels fit in front?

Cheyne

Established Member
Thanks. We are having a blast building the car. Here are some pictures of the new fenders with my 18x11 front rims, but with older 275/35/18 Hoosiers mounted. The fenders are made by Paul Brown at Tiger Racing. The fenders are carbon and weight about 4lbs less than stock. Plus they are made to fit a 18x11 rim and vented to let out hot brake air.

IMG_2030.JPG

IMG_2031.JPG

IMG_2028.JPG

IMG_2029.JPG

The ony thing missing in the pictures is the fiberglass spliter that Paul makes.

fender_w_splitter.jpg

Cheyne

BTW I'm also from Iowa. Born in Sheldon and grew up in Akron.

cito

Official Kumho Shredder
Established Member
Cheyne,

I got my BS, MA, and PhD at the University of South Dakota, which is pretty damn close to where you are from...

I can't wait to see your car when you are finished.

Good luck in your racing,

Cito

Users who are viewing this thread