STOP!

mattscobra

Established Member
Anyone running the 14” gt500 brembos on their sn95 ? And moved the 13” cobra fronts to rear? And opinions ???
364020d8de9b87652f81c0c51b68a4ab.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
That would be way to much brake on the rear. Getting it to balance out would be a nitemare.

mattscobra

Established Member
I believe fully torqued racing makes a kit to install the stock cobra fronts on the rear. Plus the stuff to mount the s197 Shelby brembo fronts on the front

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

mattscobra

Established Member
I have the front kit so far. Was curious on the rear If anyone is running the fronts on the rear

32icon321

Established Member
I have the front kit so far. Was curious on the rear If anyone is running the fronts on the rear

What do you think of the kit so far? What wheels/offset/spacers are you running to clear the calipers?
I have the kit and brembos but can’t decide on a wheel combo yet.

mattscobra

Established Member
What do you think of the kit so far? What wheels/offset/spacers are you running to clear the calipers?
I have the kit and brembos but can’t decide on a wheel combo yet.

I’ve yet to install them. I need to make sure on spacers because when I ordered it he said as long as I got a wheel with 17” inside diameter they should work. Idk how far to believe in this yet. I’ve not bought spacers until I fit them 1st.
I’m using 18” chrome saleens Cause the kit requires an 18” wheel Only spacer to think of it is the one that they provide.

32icon321

Established Member
I need to make sure on spacers because when I ordered it he said as long as I got a wheel with 17” inside diameter they should work. Idk how far to believe in this yet.

Not sure if you have seen this thread yet I started, but within it are some useful links:
https://www.svtperformance.com/forums/threads/s550-brake-upgrade-discussion.1149719/

The 17" inside diameter makes sense and sure it will work as far as clearing the overall diameter of the rotor. But that is only accounting for one measurement. Then it becomes a game of how thick of spacers to run to compensate for offset to clear the caliper.

Im looking forward to seeing how the saleens fit and how big of spacers youll have to run. I know the AFS 18s will work but also needed spacers. Are they regular sn95 offset?

1996MysticSnake

Established Member
What the hell do you use for an ebrake if you put the fronts on the rear?

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

Tunedprt91

Established Member
Full tilt boogie might be able to help unless you're talking about the front caliper too and not just the rotor. He post on here too as one of the mods. I can't think of his user name right now.
Screenshot_20171204-080435.png

mattscobra

Established Member
Not sure if you have seen this thread yet I started, but within it are some useful links:
https://www.svtperformance.com/forums/threads/s550-brake-upgrade-discussion.1149719/

The 17" inside diameter makes sense and sure it will work as far as clearing the overall diameter of the rotor. But that is only accounting for one measurement. Then it becomes a game of how thick of spacers to run to compensate for offset to clear the caliper.

Im looking forward to seeing how the saleens fit and how big of spacers youll have to run. I know the AFS 18s will work but also needed spacers. Are they regular sn95 offset?

I think they are a regular sn95 offset The kit has a spacer to fit the larger rotor because the hole around hub bearing cap is larger They are 18x9 fronts

Users who are viewing this thread