Stop Sign

Highlife22

Established Member
After getting a ticket for running a stop sign that everyone runs I thought I was going to get a courtesy letter in the mail stating my penalty but I waited too long carelessly lost my ticket.

I just found the ticket yesterday and I missed my court date stupidly. Now is it ok to call and reschedule or am I f**ked? (license suspended/withheld/extra charge?) btw its my 2nd ticket if that means anything...

Any info would be great, thanks.

Last edited:

mswaim

Dark Side Poster
Established Member
You should contact the court of record as soon as possible concerning the amount of the bail. I would not even mention traffic school. Be prepared to pay the fine immediately, since most likely a bench warrant has already been issued. Once you pay, they should retract the warrant from the system.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Can you say "bench warrant"? That is really not good. You dont want to be stopped for a traffic violation because it will turn real bad real fast.

Like Mark said, call the court and find out the procedure for turning yourself in. Usually it is formality, you go there and they have a set bond amount for you to pay. Then you are given a new formal hearing date for which you are to appear on both counts now.

Good Luck and get this taken care of right away.

Users who are viewing this thread