Stop Shift?

ARC

Established Member
I've had it happen a few times. Most recently was today while trying to go up hills from a stop during the rain/wet conditions. It feels like I'm ruining the transmission when it happens because the car is all jerky and such. I've had it happen before while trying a 0-60 when conditions were fair but traction wasn't. Any ideas how this happens and why? Am I damaging the transmission and/or other internal parts when it happens? Thanks

implosive

Established Member
Do you mean when the traction control kicks in and pulls the throttle back? If so then your not hurting anything

NickSezz

Established Member
Sounds like wheel hop induced by the TCS/Advance track in low traction conditions. Give the car less throttle when accelerating or put it in Sport mode. A good set of lower control arms will help as well.

ARC

Established Member
Do you mean when the traction control kicks in and pulls the throttle back? If so then your not hurting anything

Yes, I think that's it. It feels horrible when you're in the car though. Why does it happen? It only happens when the rear tires can't get enough grip? I guess it prevents the car from spinning? Also, does turning traction control and stability control off make this issue go away?

Sounds like wheel hop induced by the TCS/Advance track in low traction conditions. Give the car less throttle when accelerating or put it in Sport mode. A good set of lower control arms will help as well.

I don't have a sport mode. I don't think the MT82's have one, could be wrong though. I will try to ease off the throttle if it happens again. I don't know about purchasing anything else for the car right now.

oneslo5.0

Established Member
If you are new to driving faster car's then maybe shutting traction control off isn't wise. Just seat time and you will be fine.

NickSezz

Established Member
Yes, I think that's it. It feels horrible when you're in the car though. Why does it happen? It only happens when the rear tires can't get enough grip? I guess it prevents the car from spinning? Also, does turning traction control and stability control off make this issue go away?

I don't have a sport mode. I don't think the MT82's have one, could be wrong though. I will try to ease off the throttle if it happens again. I don't know about purchasing anything else for the car right now.

You have sport mode. Double tap the traction control button with your foot on the brake.

Users who are viewing this thread