stone chips behind front wheel

huggytree

Established Member
just noticed its getting chipped up right behind the front wheels....1200 miles.....i know f1's kickup every stone

anyone else notice this? is there a solution?? im thinking about the 3m clear sticker thingy just for this area....

the back wheels have a nice splash guard.....maybe the fronts need them too

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
I've got 2500 miles on mine, and last time I checked I've only got ONE single chip.. it's right where the fender rolls around the wheel well... been there since roughly 400ish miles.

BITDIFFERENTSVT

Established Member
I went with:
JLT Carbon Fiber splash Guards (front and rear)
Xpel Ultimate on the lower rockers (and other areas)
And Roush side splitters
^^ All to help protect the paint on the sides^^

Seriously dude, 3 sperate threads about cleaning different areas of your vehicle and things you noticed???
Less is more :shrug:

Myfast70

Established Member
I went with:
JLT Carbon Fiber splash Guards (front and rear)
Xpel Ultimate on the lower rockers (and other areas)
And Roush side splitters
^^ All to help protect the paint on the sides^^

Seriously dude, 3 sperate threads about cleaning different areas of your vehicle and things you noticed???
Less is more :shrug:

I don't think he knows how to use the search function. I wanted to start a thread " Huggytree, ask all of your questions in one thread rather than 100". Or something along those lines. Believe me, I love to ask questions too but usually start with the search function and do lots of reading.

BTW, Jager Bros here too, love them as they look OEM

huggytree

Established Member
its showing wear on the side of the car behind the front wheel...

i have roughly 20+ very tiny marks on the passenger side and maybe 8 on the drivers side...the tires are kicking up stuff onto the side of the car

ive got 3 stone chips already on the front of the car too....part of driving the car home in the winter...lots of gravel/sand/salt to get kicked up.....there were tons of semi's on the highway i took.....i most likely would have shipped the car home if i had to do it all over again.....

Marc

Established Member
You know, I never noticed the front had spash guards or not. I know I don't have any rock chips, so I consider myself fortunate. So, after reading this thread, I put my order in today. :)

huggytree

Established Member
i just checked again and the chips are even into the bottom edge of the door...id actually say its 40-50+ tiny little marks.....i dont see how some of your cars are clean and mine has this w/1200 miles???.....wonder why its much worse on the drivers side

its one of those things that doesnt show unless your on your knees washing/washing the area...from standing its not noticable.....

you can feel the roughness of the area from all the chips

Cam

n/a
Established Member
You live up north right? They sand the roads in the winter? This isn't the first car that you've owned that gets rock chips from the junk they spread during the winter and suimmer tires are really good at vacuuming up the debris and shooting at the car.

I also live in the rustbelt, chips are part of the cost we pay for driving our cars before the spring rains take care of all the sand left over from winter.

L82ford

Established Member
I'm planning on ordering the Jaeger fronts stone guards, but could someone tell me, do they closely match the factory style guards on the rear?

Paul1138

Established Member
You live up north right? They sand the roads in the winter? This isn't the first car that you've owned that gets rock chips from the junk they spread during the winter and suimmer tires are really good at vacuuming up the debris and shooting at the car.

I also live in the rustbelt, chips are part of the cost we pay for driving our cars before the spring rains take care of all the sand left over from winter.

Copy that

Users who are viewing this thread