Stolen Material :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

DDogsrt461BLK

Video God
Established Member
I recently decided to buy me a bike. Long story short after a 6 hour ride to go get her. Here's where the real story begins. I purchased a 2010 Yamaha WR250X, for a couple of reasons. It suits my riding style, 90% road 10% dirt. I've wanted 1 for about 4 years now, and finally bit the bullet. So I got her with 995miles, 5 year warranty from a guy in Ohio. He paid almost 8G's for it on March 19 of this year, so I was good til 2016 with the warranty. I basically Donald Trumped this bike, and here she is

Now time for the shit. Only had it for 7 days and on the 4th of July night they stole it from my girls backyard. License Plate on the Bike is W223T out of Michigan, if you see it, please let me know. I'm totally destroyed over this, as I made my dream come true, only to have it turn into a nightmare.
JYADG22E3AA002351
is the vin number for it

I had full coverage and the process has begun to try and fix my issue, but I don't see any light at the end of the tunnel. Thanks Dennis :xpl:

Last edited:

DDogsrt461BLK

Video God
Established Member
Trenton Mi 48183
Stolen between 4am -8am on the morning of July 5
Watched Fireworks, my girl stayed up til 4am, I feel a sleep around midnight. I got up at 8am to let out the dog and the rest is history.

Words can't describe how I feel about it. Only had it for 7 days

ls1eater

Established Member
You piss the GF off maybe?:shrug:
Trenton Mi 48183
Stolen between 4am -8am on the morning of July 5
Watched Fireworks, my girl stayed up til 4am, I feel a sleep around midnight. I got up at 8am to let out the dog and the rest is history.

Words can't describe how I feel about it. Only had it for 7 days

DDogsrt461BLK

Video God
Established Member
My girl rides on it with me, so no. She or the few friends I have didn't have anything do to with it disappearing. The only friend that knew I had it, took me to go get it. He lets me ride his dirt bikes & isn't even a question about it's disappearence.

eddyroxx

Established Member
sucks to hear that man. if it was from the backyard i think it was someone that knew it was there. check with the neighbors or someone that saw you put it back there

svtcop

Pain Don't Hurt
Established Member
That sucks...gotta be someone local. Any other recent thefts in the area?

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
you will probably never see it again but if you had full coverage on it whats the big deal? get the check and go buy another one. also, consider a bigger motor next time, you'll get tired of the little gutless 250. Also, invest in a chain/cable to tie the tires together with unless it spends the nights in a garage or storage unit. Its nothing for 2 guys to go pick up a dirt bike and toss it into the back of a truck and bam, bike gone never to be seen again. And if its going to be used for off road use then most people never register there toys. i had dirt bikes for over 10 years and never registered a single one since they were all off road specific bike to begin with.

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member
That sucks!!!! Hope it all works out for you. I guess worst case scenerio is you can get a new one.

wvmystichrome

Established Member
sucks to hear that man. if it was from the backyard i think it was someone that knew it was there. check with the neighbors or someone that saw you put it back there

That's what I was thinking. You're going to have to get creative to find who did it. It's someone close that wasn't afraid of the dog barking to tip you off. I don't believe it was a random thing, some had to know about the bike and where it was at. Maybe a local druggie???? That's what's going on around here.

SicShelby09

Banned
She gone. Two of my previous motorcycles were stolen. A 2004 GSXR1k in 04 and an 05 ZX10R in 05. The GSXR was never found, but I got a call two years later on the ZX10r from my local police dept. It turns out that the frame was found in a garage in FL during bike week in daytona. It was found during a stolen motorcycle sting the local police down there did. They found several bikes and parts down there. Crazy huh. That shit really pisses me off. When the gsxr was stolen, it was stolen out of a public, access card only garage at my apartment. The bike was between mine and my wifes car. The asshats that stole it, damaged both of our cars in the process. And from the looks of the ground, it appeared that they dropped the bike and dragged it a few feet. Cowards.

Last edited:

DDogsrt461BLK

Video God
Established Member
That sucks!!!! Hope it all works out for you. I guess worst case scenerio is you can get a new one.

Bike Cost $7926 with a 4year warranty, purchased on March 19 2011. Doesn't include my gear and lowering link. Insurance won't talk numbers until a 4-6 week period passes, so they can try and find my bike. They told me, they will give me KBB value to replace my bike, which only had 1000miles on it when stolen. That's a problem in my book, because it would be 2-3K short of a replacement bike. The bike is less then 120days old brand new from dealer showroom floor. I want a replacement, not a check. There's no 2010 or 2011's around here & the 2 dealers I went to said.

6700$ for just a bike
7500$ for a bike and 3 year warranty

DDogsrt461BLK

Video God
Established Member
you will probably never see it again but if you had full coverage on it whats the big deal? get the check and go buy another one. also, consider a bigger motor next time, you'll get tired of the little gutless 250. Also, invest in a chain/cable to tie the tires together with unless it spends the nights in a garage or storage unit. Its nothing for 2 guys to go pick up a dirt bike and toss it into the back of a truck and bam, bike gone never to be seen again. And if its going to be used for off road use then most people never register there toys. i had dirt bikes for over 10 years and never registered a single one since they were all off road specific bike to begin with.

I didn't have it a week & exhaust, filter and locks were on order.

250 is fuel injected, coil on plug, titanium intake valve wonder. 75mpg, does 90mph stock with a 275lb man on it, ride fast land with me 275lb and my girl 115lb, cost 5$ to fill up, oil change takes 5 minutes, 4 bolt and a filter, 1.5 quarts of oil to fill, and oh yeah shity roads, railroad tracks make you smile. It's the most fun for the street and being a small bike lets you muscle in around the town. Also from almost any street light to can tear away from traffic effortlessly, while getting 70mpg. :) I ride it everywhere you would ride your rocket + dirt roads. I don't take it off road, but if you journey to the sticks. It will hold 35-45mph on the dirt like a glove. 11" of suspension travel sokes up bumps and jumps like a Lazyboy.

You borrow my bike for the Urban riding, you would buy 1 tomorrow. Its that good. 250 can wheelie, but isn't going to bite your head off like 450. My buddy agrees with you a 450 version would be the shit, but I like my quarter liter bike. I bought if for all the reason listed above. I had guys with turbo hyabusa's and 1000's coming over looking at mine like " No way you bought 1" and I'm like hell yeah. I was sold when I hit this hill in 2nd gear and cleared a truck. Everyone at teh intersection was looking like hell no, and the police look hard then smile when they seen me on it. Like he didn't ride a dirt bike passed me, then they double take and smile. :)

**** a hybrid, Prius, Volt and Leaf. This is my answer to going green and getting 65+mpg while smiling ear to ear. :)

It's the most fun you will have any giving night with only 5$ in your pocket. :rockon:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread