Stolen From VwVortex: Tell us about your first accident

mr_Ginzo

Established Member
i saw this on vortex, and think its a good idea, if everyone would tell they're story of they're first accident. We've all had them before.

1) I was riding shotgun in an SHO going prob 45 in a 30 and light turns yellow we start to slowdown and get NAILED from behind real bad. kids get out and try to beat us up they we're drunk or stoned or something they tookoff but thank God we happened to be in that car at that time cause we caught up to them in notime and got the tags

ezernut9mm

CHAINED BLUE LIGHTNING!
Established Member
we broadsided an ltd in a 68 chevy pickup doing about 45mph. the guy who i was riding with ran a red light. thank god no one was hurt, but both cars were smoked!

ssssnake

Established Member
My friend (who was driving) and I were going home from the beach in her Opel stationwagon. Driving down the feeder, going about 45-50 when she had a blowout. The car started weaving, then skidded on its side (mine) and then flipped end over end 3 times and landed straight down on the tires in the opposite direction of where we were going in the grass between the feeder and the freeway. When we landed, I was sitting in the back seat. (No seatbelts on). Both front and back windshields were out and the back hatch was up. Lucky to be alive.

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
Wow. You guys had some big ones.:eek:

I was 16 and driving my '69 Torino down my block after it snowed and I was showing off in front of my friends' houses by powersliding back and forth. I let the car slide too far and it came around on me and I ended up against my neighbor's tree. He came out and yelled at me for a while. :)

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member
We were getting ready to go to state wrestling my freshman year in HS and I was going to school and there was a big ice/snow storm, and I was in my 88 TC t-bird and went to park, and was stopped and it was blowing about 60 mph and I slid on the ice into the back of a fullsize bronco. Actually totaled my car out, I got to sliding pretty good. Kinda scared me.

roadwarrior60

Established Member
ive got two for ya guys

1) driving down highway at about 110-115 in my old porsche 914, dropped soda can and looked down for like 2 seconds........then look up and everyone was stopped.......bam over 100mph into the back of a mitsu mirage!!!! walked away with 2 cuts and a 2 bruises(one BIG one on my leg and a bigger one on my ego:rolling: )

2) driving to work in my old :cryying: 94 saleen. going like 50 mpg and lady comes out of nowhere in front of me and bam....i t-boned her. hood breaks off its hinges and comes almost all of the way through the windshield.. yikes. anyways the lady admits to the police that it was her fault, but not only did she have no drivers liscence she also had no insurnace either. :bash: :bash: so i got to pay for it.

Originally posted by roadwarrior60
ive got two for ya guys

1) driving down highway at about 110-115 in my old porsche 914, dropped soda can and looked down for like 2 seconds........then look up and everyone was stopped.......bam over 100mph into the back of a mitsu mirage!!!! walked away with 2 cuts and a 2 bruises(one BIG one on my leg and a bigger one on my ego:rolling: )

2) driving to work in my old :cryying: 94 saleen. going like 50 mpg and lady comes out of nowhere in front of me and bam....i t-boned her. hood breaks off its hinges and comes almost all of the way through the windshield.. yikes. anyways the lady admits to the police that it was her fault, but not only did she have no drivers liscence she also had no insurnace either. :bash: :bash: so i got to pay for it.

Too bad you didn't kill the bitch. I hate those people!!

My first accident was in my 92 Cutlass Cierra S (my first car). I was waiting to turn left at an intersection. The light turned yellow, I waited for a second until I thought I was sure all the oncoming traffic was stopping, made my turn and realized one of the people (an older Grand Marquis) decided he did not feel like stopping at the yellow/red light. He nailed me in the rear passenger quarter panel. We both had PL&PD, so we stopped and talked for a minute to look things over and left without doing any claims.

Funny thing is after I described the accident to my dad, he told me it could have been avoided. 18 yr old me argued with him and told him the guy ran a red light and it wasn't my fault and couldn't have been avoided. 20 yr old me later decided it was 50% my fault and easily could have been avoided. :)

xilix

Too Stock
Established Member
Modded 1987 T-Type+snow= 3 360's and a smack into a snowbank (the snow bank exploded everywhere, was amazing). Cost me around $600 to get the passenger side door fixed. I banged out the 1/4 panel myself. I was 17.

I miss that car.

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
I was 15 years old. Early that day I had a friend staying over with me. My mother lets me take her car to the top of the drive way to check the mail. Well while I was checking the mail I decided to take the car for a spin around the block. It was fun, being I never really got to drive the car by myself, plus I was with a friend. Well when I took it around the block I came to a curve that was hideously sharp. It dropped down about 8 feet along with railroad tracks. Well I took the car going too fast and jumped it (LOL). So we flew through the air and landed near the track. Luckily it didn't really hurt the car. There were people outside watching the whole time. I am sure they were wondering why and the hell I just jumped the curve.

So I pull out and go back home. Later that day my mom goes to town and sees a bunch of mud and grass hanging out the bottom of the car. She asks me what that was from and I told her I had no idea. Being a guilible woman, she believed me. So that was my first "little" wreck that day.

So later on we get a 5th a Dry Gin. It is just me and a friend and we kill it in about an hour with some orange juice. Well after being intoxicated I got the idea that driving me mom’s car would be fun. So I took the keys out of her purse (she was sleeping) and went for a cruise with my friend. Drove around the black a couple of times and stopped at some friend’s house to see if they were there so I could show off. Leaving one of my friends house (None were home) I was cruising down the road going about 60 MPH when I started playing around, swerving back and forth purposely on my lane when I then blacked out. Only thing I remember was waking up to a load bang, stuff from the back of the car flying up and hitting me in the head and a big cloud of dust in front of the car. My first reaction was pretty much like "Uggg, what just happened." We just looked at each other, asked if we were ok then started laughing about it. I slammed into a big enbankment of dirt and rocks.

So backing out I could tell the car was pretty messed up. I heard loud screeching noises, car very wobbly. Back in to someone’s drive way, run over a 6 foot tree and head home. I did about $600 worth of damage to the car. I won’t get in to the rest of the story about how I got out of it, but then got busted because someone told on me.

Last edited:

stang99svt

Enter something here
Established Member
I was driving with a friend in the car. Beautiful SHO doing about 35-40 up one of our roads that passes a church. Suddenly my passenger saw one of our friends with this massive cowboy hat come out of the church and my friend felt compelled to grab the steering wheel and try and make the entrence to the church. Unforunitly we were just about at the entrence when he grabeed the wheel and yanked it to the right which caused the backend of the sho to come out.
We popped the curb instead and ran smack into a light pole. I was able to brake some so we didn't hit as hard as I thought we were going to. 5 Seconds later the square shapped light broke off and went right through the hood of the car and stuck theire for a little bit till I panicked and through the sucker in Reverse and Hitailed it out of there.

My friend later went back and paid for the massive light that went down but I ended having to pay for the damage to the SHO.

Lightning Gurl

Established Member
My 2.

1. Driving up 95 north from fredericksburg in my Black 99gt and had a run in with a big ass driveshaft bouncing down the highway. It took out both my passenger side tires, and punctured the wheels. I had to cross over 3 lanes to get away from the other 9 cars that had already been disabled. Apparently the drive shaft had fallen off a big ass 18 wheeler. We got all his info, he wasn't going anywhere ;)

2. Driving south on 95 HOV near the Dumfries/Manassas exit (again in the 99GT... with my shiney new Bullit wheels :D). Got to the end where the 2 lanes merge and traffic is backed up on the right side. Not in a hurry today, I decide to not ride up the left lane, so I stay to the right and I slowly come to a stop...... then I woke up and my car was in pieces. :(

-Ultor.... who keeps forgetting to check who's logged in:p

Last edited:

Vancouver83LTD

Established Member
Originally posted by ezernut9mm
we broadsided an ltd in a 68 chevy pickup doing about 45mph. the guy who i was riding with ran a red light. thank god no one was hurt, but both cars were smoked!

Thank god it wasn't my car - I don't have collision and so I'd have to sue you for running the red!

Anyways, no accidents yet -
ALMOST drove off a steep hill while doing a u-turn...
But that was ok, I stopped just in time - was right on the edge...
Uhhh, the other night (friday) I was at a camp for the weekend where I worked 3 weeks this summer, I almost hit oscar, the camp garbage truck - an old moving truck that was donated - very nasty and gross, has green shag carpet from the moving days - but they're all gross now...
Anyways, yeah my parents wouldn't have been too happy about me smashing the GMC into the back of oscar - lol - I just put it on the floor going up a dirt hill, and oscar was sitting around the little corner, and in the dark I came up around the corner quick and nearly plowed into the back of him as our GMC slid on the gravel corner -
Thank god for ABS!

Last edited:

scraggsds

I was 17 and had my 87 Ragtop 5.0 for a little over a year and I had the usual bolt ons and I had my friend with me and we had just gotten out of school and we were hauling ass does this road that had one of those long drawn out curves that any lowered car could easily go 100 around, I was showing off just got my headers put on so Im flying around this curve with the speedo bouncing on the trip reset needle(85mph Speedo, yes it was corrected for the 373's) and came across a school bus letting off kids, they were all going to right side of the road and start to go around him on the left but there was traffic so I yanked it to the left and tried to goto a huge field but I hit the only damn tree in a 1/2 mile radius at well over 95mph, I walked away with a broken arm and 6 stiches in my chin, friend didnt even get bruise, no seatbelt for me, tranny was in the back seat and bellhousing was busted, rear was bowed and outward from the impact of the front end being centered on the tree. Sheesh, I though my mom was gonna kill me for being an idiot but she just gave me the Im disappointed speech. Had to buy my next car on my own, which is the 93LX 5.0 I have now.

T-Bolt

Official 'ring tow rig...
Established Member
I'm getting my permit on Tuesday (birthday tomorrow), so I've never been in an accident while driving, but I've been in a couple cars that have been hit. The first one was when I was about 5, and someone in a Montero decided not to stop for the yellow light like my mom did. Smashed the rearend in. 2nd one: in the same civic, sitting at a gas pump, getting gas, when a dumptruck backs right into us. Not much damage. 3rd: Sitting a a traffic light. Light turns green, and my mom goes. Some girl in a Cherokeee starts making a left right in front of my mom. Mom swerves out of the way. Girl in Cherokee steps on the gas too soon and catches the back of my mom's car. She had her license for a week (the girl, not my mom). That's about it.

JoeNashville

Ghostrider
Established Member
Well, I guess I have two "first accidents". My first accident, and then my first BAD accident.

My first accident was pretty tame, happened when I was 17. I was traveling westbound on Walnut Avenue in Dalton Georgia, approaching the intersection of Walnut and Riverbend road. I was in a little 80 Ford Courier...2.3 liter 5 speed. The light turned yellow and I was a LONG way back...I downshifted and floored it to get through before the light turned red. Well, a girl that was about the same age as I was turning left in front of me. I panicked, target fixated, locked the brakes and hit her in the right quarter panel with my left front fender. We both entered the intersection on the yellow, so it was a no-fault accident according to the cops but that didn't mean our parents didn't exchange angry phone calls about who should fix the other's vehicle.

My first bad accident happened on a motorcycle. (Are there any "minor" road accidents on motorcycles?) I was in Augusta GA on Friday the 13th of November, 1992 traveling eastbound on Wrightsboro road approaching the intersection of Jackson/Sibley road. I thought I was absolutely invincible on that thing...Kawasaki Ninja 1000R...I could hold a wheelie for blocks. Anyway, I was weaving in and out of traffic doing double the limit when I saw a car turning left pretty far ahead. Thinking I could beat it, I accelerated up to 100 plus in a 45 mph zone and tried to get around it. I almost did, but the bumper caught my leg and the side of the bike. I was thrown through the air about 114 feet (accident reconstructionist says) and landed on my cervical vertebrae with enough speed to skid across a sharp edge of a concrete parking lot pad in Honeybaked Hams parking lot. All I remember was BAM, then silence, then waking up on the ground and seeing a bunch of feet, then passing out again, then waking up again in the ambulance, going over a bump and passing out from the pain, waking up in the MRI then passing out from the pain, waking up in the ER on the stretcher long enough to sign some forms and then passing out from the pain, then waking up long enough to recognize that I'm going into the operating room and seeing a bunch of guys in stackhouse suits (looks like space suits...this was in the early nineties, they didn't know if I had AIDS, and they anticipated a lot of blood during the procedure), then being put to sleep and then waking up intermittently with tubes in several places in my body. I had been unconscious for the better part of two weeks by that point.

List of injuries: closed head injury, broken cervical vertebra at C-6 (could have been paralyzed from the chest down), loss of tissue from my upper shoulder, contusions on my lungs, liver, and kidneys, burst spleen (now removed), loss of tissue from my upper leg where the car hood tore it off, dislocation of my left hip, knee, and ankle, broken tibia and fibula, and lacerated foot from the engine cases on the bike.

I wish I had pictures of the motorcycle scanned...it took a beating too. I went from 195 lb to 150 lb in two weeks, I was on parenteral nutrition and 100% supplemental oxygen. However, this all happened while I was at school in Fall quarter. I finished my fall quarter assignments a little late in winter quarter (worked on them while recuperating over Christmas), but doubled up and finished my studies in time to graduate with my class like nothing had happened.

I feel it was my crowning achievement, my triumph over adversity.

However now, I hit the brakes instead of the accelerator when I see somebody about to turn left in front of me if I'm on a car OR on a bike. Two accidents began to show me a pattern in my behavior that I needed to rectify. Only five years ago did I see a statistic that shows the majority of fatal accidents on motorcycles are caused by cars turning left in front of them...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread