Stolen Cobras

big dad

Established Member
I just finished watching a show on the AHC (previous military channel) about stolen vehicles, and they said that 80% of stolen vehicles are never recovered. This got me to thinking how many of the 03-04 Cobras that have been stolen and reported on this site have been recovered.
I remember one from not too long ago that was found, but that's about it. Has anybody on here know of anyone who's got or not gotten their car back? Or has anyone been a victim of this?

oldmodman

Established Member
These days I'm pretty sure that unless a car is driven right to the docks and put into a container it's just stripped and sold as parts.

If a car isn't recovered in the first hour or two it's long gone.

Steve@Tasca

I know Nix50 had his Cobra drag car and trailer stolen a few years back after a national event and nothing was ever found.

I also know the guys at FS Werks had their race trailer stolen with their VW road course car and tools inside. There was also a rash of Buicks being stolen after track events, kind of seems like whoever is doing this just scopes things out at the track and then follows the prospective trailer home with the hopes that it's left sitting out overnight by the worn out owner after a long haul.

-Steve

Blown99GT

Forged and Blown
Established Member
i know several people in the Florida area that had their cobra's stolen, some have been a victim twice in a lifetime. none were ever found intact, mostly pieces of metal frame were found, some not found at all ever again sadly :(
not sure about any other states but florida is really bad especially in the miami area.

Users who are viewing this thread