Stolen Car- Old but.....

Fn'sh!t^

93svt 4 me !!
Established Member
Had my car stolen from me back in 98'. I mention it here a few times but now I have this nice new scanner, so I figured I would put them up.

Info:91 Probe GT. Had car three weeks. 80k miles on it. Brand new trans and clutch. (was installed shortly before I bought it) Bought it for work car as I was outta high school and delivering pizzas at the time. I had the Mustang GT at home that day and was real close to taking it to work cause it was such a nice day out. I should find some old pics of the stangs I had....

Anyway this guy knew the same delivery was coming as it had to this bar same time every week for a year and a half. (he was a regular there) I routinely left the car running and I ran in and out in 30 seconds as they always had the money ready and to my suprise...

Hey where the fook is my car???

Local PD picked him up on I-75 heading to Detroit. Pulled him over and asked me if I wanted to press charges. I was like I bet he resisting arrest BEAT THE SHIT OUT OF HIM!!!!

Next thing Im told he is running. He is doing a 100+ and took a exit into Detroit. Local PD calls off and Detroit picks up. Next I am told he wrecked and hes dead.

I was like alright Cool... Aw shit PL/PD anyway since it was in my mothers name no coverage at all. So that car was a total loss...

Lesson Learned:

Keep theft on it.

I have a few others but I dont think I should post the ones with blood in them.

AzianStang

Third Eye Slanted
Established Member
Never heard your story before. Sorry about the car. Seems like the guy would've rather killed himself than go to jail.

Funny when people do stupid sh*t and end up getting in deep sh*t themselves.

:rollseyes

Fn'sh!t^

93svt 4 me !!
Established Member
AzianStang said:
Never heard your story before. Sorry about the car. Seems like the guy would've rather killed himself than go to jail.

Funny when people do stupid sh*t and end up getting in deep sh*t themselves.

:rollseyes

Thats not the only sad thing. I am pretty sure there were other fatalities. State Police put a hold on the car and said it would be about two months to get it back. ( I wanted the turbo off of it to play around with). I just signed the title over and walked away.

I was told he got hit by a van. Must of been a hell of a big "VAN" to cause that much damage.

Fn'sh!t^

93svt 4 me !!
Established Member
love bandit2 said:
it was turbo? that thing must have hauled! The GT is a 24v V6, right?

Nah. It had the 2.2l mazda engine. It was rated stock 145hp 190tq. Mine was a little bit faster it was pushing abit more boost. I am not sure what the stock boost pressure was but the I think mine peaked around 13 psi. At least I think it was around there, it was awhile ago.

Fun to car to drive, just gotta watch the torque steer. In that car it was bad.

Last edited:

Fn'sh!t^

93svt 4 me !!
Established Member
AzianStang said:
Did the situation hit the local news?

Yeah. I seen the car on the flat bed on the news. That was all I seen. It was just a quick clip, might of been more but I caught the last part of it.

I went back to the bar the next week and just that day the Detroit PD called and informed the guys parents that their 26 or 27 year old son is dead. They were worried about him. He still lived at home and they havent heard from him in a week. I did think about suing his estate but he lived at home and stole a car, so I figured he was broke anyway.

That sucks that was enough money thrown away for my Supercharger I wanted. I had to spend another few grand to get another work car.

Sad situation altogether.

I do not feel bad one bit for the guy who stole it and died. Thats his own damn fault. But he had parents and not to mention the people that hit him. I never did get the copy of the police report from Detroit. I have the one from the other PD just stating that my car was stolen, but from what I heard from the police, at least one other person died.

:nonono:

AzianStang

Third Eye Slanted
Established Member
So I guess you're probably never going to leave your car running while away from it. I'd never dream of leaving my car running while I'm away, even with my girlfriend or anyone else in it. Anyone could just hop in and take it regardless.

I feel sorry for the innocent that died, though... :nonono:

hydroshutter

don't worry about it
Established Member
That sucks to hear, and I'm glad he lost his life for stealing your car...

I'd have zero tolerance for someone who did that.

fuelonempty

حمدالله على نعمة العقل...
Established Member
wow thats a crazy story man... seriously, wtf is wrong with people?!

love bandit2

Established Member
Fn'sh!t^ said:
Nah. It had the 2.2l mazda engine. It was rated stock 145hp 190tq. Mine was a little bit faster it was pushing abit more boost. I am not sure what the stock boost pressure was but the I think mine peaked around 13 psi. At least I think it was around there, it was awhile ago.

Fun to car to drive, just gotta watch the torque steer. In that car it was bad.

wow I didn't know you could get a stock probe with a turbo.

Users who are viewing this thread